Chapter 1

*~*~*VALENTINA*~*~*

(They're fifteen now)

"Get up, please?" I whispered.

At that moment, the Marauders came in and laughed.

"That's not the way to wake her up!" Sirius said, rolling his eyes.

I huffed and crossed my arms.

"Really? Then how do you wake her up?"

They got close to her and leaned towards her ear.

And they they screamed.

"OH MY GOD," Estelle screamed, waking up immediately.

She smacked all four boys hard on the shoulders.

"You jerks!" She said, laughing.

I had always been kind of jealous of her friendship with the four boys; I was friends with a boy named Severus Snape and a girl named Lily Evans. I wasn't, however, friends with any of the boys that Estelle hung out with all the time.  They all got along so well and didn't mind getting down and dirty, but I know it wouldn't work out if I were friends with the four guys. I'd be the mother of sorts, nagging them to do homework, and I knew they wouldn't like that.

"Estelle! Time to go to breakfast!"

"I'll meet you down there," She yelled as Sirius, James, Remus, and Peter sat on her bed.

I sighed and left the room to go find Lily and Severus.

"Why the long face?" Lily asked, smiling at me.

"Estelle," I sighed.

"Friend troubles again?"

"It's not even her, though. She just seems so... Perfect. And she hangs out with guys that absolutely adore her in that friend sort of way... But they're so protective over her and it's so cute. I just want some guy friends who don't hate me for my nagging. She has so much fun with them and they're always smiling and laughing with each other..." I sighed. "Maybe I'm overreacting. I don't know."

"You have Sev!"

Right as she said that, Estelle and her friends came and sat down in front of them. Estelle piled food high on her plate and James smirked at her.

"I dare you to try and fit ten pieces of bacon inside your mouth. No chewing!

Me, I would've told him it was dangerous. But Estelle being Estelle, smirked and nodded.

"Alright."

She grabbed ten pieces of bacon and shoved them all into her mouth at once.

James looked at her, shocked, and she chewed the bacon down.

"That was yummy," She said.

The other three boys laughed and she stood up a few minutes later after finishing her breakfast. She began to walk away, and the four followed her.

They were known as the popular crowd in school. All the girls were crushing on at least three in the group, and most of the boys were crushing on the only female in the group. Of course. Estelle was one of those girls absolutely everyone loved to hang out with. She loved boy stuff, she loved girl stuff. She had the best of both worlds. Not to mention she was one of the funniest people I knew.

I know, I shouldn't be jealous. I have friends to, yada yada yada, I'm pretty and funny too, yada yada yada. None of that is going to help the fact that I lean more towards girls than guys, when guys are just as good as friends.

I sighed and put my head in my hand, feeling dizzy from all the thinking.

"Hey, Val, are you okay?" Lily asked, putting her hand on my shoulder.

I gave a weak smile and nodded.

"Yeah, I'm good. Don't worry. Let's head to class," I said.

Lily looked at me worriedly and nodded. We stood up and linked arms, making our way to Potions, which we shared with Estelle and Sirius.

I sat next to Lily in the front while Estelle and Sirius were in the back. I could hear them laughing and when I looked back, I saw Estelle with her hand over her mouth, her grown out hair looking beautiful as always, her head back, laughing.

Sirius seemed proud that he made her laugh, with a grin on his face. I forced a smile and turned to Lily, who shook her head slightly at me.

"Don't look at them, okay? You don't need a guy friend. You and Estelle are supposed to be besties,"

"We were," I sighed, "Until she met them. People who share the same interests as her and are basically the same person as her,"

"Well, we'll be besties then and make her jealous."

"She's got everything. Why would she be jealous of me? She's beautiful, nice, funny, sarcastic..."

"But she's not as smart as you."

"Have you seen her grades? She might as well be. I only had one class that had a better grade. She may act like a complete idiot, but she's really smart,"

Lily sighed.

"I give up. Look, Val, you're beautiful, you're nice, you're smart. That's all you need. Except beauty. You don't need beauty, of course. But you are beautiful."

I glared at her.

"I look like a child."

"Well guess what? You're not. You're fifteen and you need to stop acting like a child. People will have better lives than you, and you have to learn to deal with it and get over it," Lily snapped.

"You're right," I huffed. "I'm being stupid. Estelle doesn't have as many girl friends as I do. She just has guy friends. Who does she talk to when she's having boy problems?"

Lily raised an eyebrow.

"Probably boys...?"

I glare at her.

*~*~*

Don't worry, things will get better for Val. Just a hint: things aren't as great for Estelle as Val things. :)

FUN FACT- this story I actually posted a long time ago and took down only a day or two after.. hehe