Chapter 3

alright then hi guys so as you can probably tell ive kind of strayed off the plot of this story but dont worry because it's only chapter 3 and everything will all fall into place

*~*~*

ESTELLE

ESTELLE

I knew it was dangerous. I knew what I was doing was stupid. I know it was the wrong choice. Did this prevent me from doing it? No, of course not. This could either be a big stress reliever or the biggest mistake of my life, but hey. Risks are what keep life interesting.

I repeated that thought in my head as I walked out of the door to Hogwarts and towards the Whomping Willow.

You are honestly the stupidest person I've ever had the pleasure of meeting.

Wait, do I even meet myself?

I don't know, now I'm just confusing myself.

I rolled my eyes and then continued walking, besides the fact that my mind was now yelling at me to stop.

ESTELLE, DANG IT, STOP

NO YOU'RE GOING TO KILL YOURSELF

DO YOU HAVE A DEATH WISH?

YOU IDIOT

I ignored all of it and continued to walk until I was right under it. Of course, I was scared for my life. I reached out to touch it-

"ESTELLE KNIGHT! What do you think you're doing!"

I froze.

SEE THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU'RE STUPID.

IF YOU WOULD'VE JUST LISTENED TO ME NONE OF THIS WOULD'VE HAPPENED

I SWEAR TO GOD YOU ARE THE STUPIDEST PERSON I KNOW

wait, do I even know you?

Estelle, don't do this to yourself again. Focus on the task at hand.

"Oh," I chuckled awkwardly, "hi Professor. How are you feeling on this lovely day? I'm just great. Isn't the sun so n-"

"Estelle, follow me to my office."

"Okay, Professor," I murmured.

I trudged behind her, keeping my head down. I kicked a bit of dirt around as I followed her, and ignored the strange looks I got when I entered the building. I got a few confused, and concerned looks from James, Remus, Sirius, Peter, Lily, and Valentina, but at that point, I really didn't care. I was still really mad and I have yet to even get a proper excuse as to why they decided to ignore me all day all of a sudden.

We stopped at her office and she opened the door, allowing me to enter first.

"Estelle," she began.

"Professor McGonagall, I know what I did was wrong I just needed to get out and I didn't know where because all my friends are ignoring me and I couldn't deal with anything and they weren't even giving me a proper excuse to why they were ig-"

"Estelle."

"-noring me and it was just-"

"Estelle!"

I glanced up.

"I've noticed something off about you and those four boys. However, I didn't think it was serious enough for you to try to commit suicide-"

I started laughing.

"Professor, no, I wasn't going to commit suicide. I just wanted company and felt that the whomping willow would be a good companion."

Professor McGonagall raised her eyebrows.

"You are a truly dumb child."

"Thank you?"

She sighed.

"I will excuse it this time, only because you didn't mean harm to yourself or others. If I catch you there again, then the punishment will be more severe. Do you understand?"

"Yes, Professor."

"You are excused."

I nodded and stood up, leaving the room. I headed to the Great Hall on my own, and the first thing I had the pleasure of seeing was Valentina and Sirius eating each other's faces. Great.

Upon seeing me, Sirius quickly pulled away and hit James, then pointed to me.

They both stood up and came my way. I contemplated turning around and just running out, but decided I was too hungry to do that. I faced them, head on.

"What?" I asked, annoyed.

"What's up with you, Estelle?"

I snorted.

"Yeah, okay. Bye now."

I headed to a seat that was far away from where they were, but they just followed me.

"Look," I snapped, "I don't want to talk right now, so could you just get away from me?"

"Elle, we're your friends, please don't shut us out."

I had put up every single wall or barrier that they'd broken down, and it pained them to see me so reserved and closed off.

"Get away. Right now," I said, anger surging through me.

"Estelle-"

"I said now."

"But-"

I stood up and slapped the both of them.

"Away. Now."

They looked at each other and then at me. James sighed and turned away, Sirius trailing after him.

I felt crushed, but they wouldn't listen. I had to get them to leave because I knew they'd end up getting through to me, and I'd end up forgiving them. Just like always.

I was always the one to forgive, always the one to fight for this friendship. Maybe it never truly was a friendship, if only one of us was fighting to keep it.

With that thought in mind, I ate my food quickly and then left to go to the dormitory.

I left and didn't turn back.

*~*~*

whats going on with them i wonder