Chapter 2

ESTELLE

ESTELLE

Today was very much different. The boys didn't seem to want to talk to me nearly as much as usual and I was actually starting to become worried, as stupid as that sounds. I wasn't entirely sure why I was this worried other than the fact that they were my best friends and I basically had no one else to talk to; I also wondered if I had done something wrong, and thought back to yesterday.

I don't think I did.

I sighed as I held my books close to my chest and walked towards my next class, Transfiguration. I felt quite alone without the Marauders crowding around and laughing with me. They also weren't here to part the crowd. I got some strange looks, because I was pretty much never seen without them, and when I was, it was just because I was getting food for us.

I sat down at the usual spot as James, Sirius, Remus, and Peter walked in. With Valentina and Lily. Sirius was flirting with Valentina while James was smirking at Lily, who looked very annoyed. I tried to hide my hurt at the fact that they'd rather talk to them with me, although I knew I was probably being really ridiculous, but I was hurt.

The six of them looked at me, and then quickly glanced away. I sent the small group my best death glare, and watched as Sirius winced. None of them made any move to come towards me and tell me what this was about.

As I thought this, they began walking towards me to take the usual seats around me.

They couldn't just completely ignore me the whole day and then decide all of a sudden to sit with me. This was also probably stupid, but I couldn't care less at this point.

The Marauders gave me confused looks when I put my stuff on the empty seats, preventing them from sitting. I raised an eyebrow, challenging them to even try to move it.

"Estelle, what are you doing?" James asked, glancing at the two girls behind them.

I decided to give them a taste of their own medicine, and ignored them, watching their faces morph into those of confused ones. I smirked to myself and leaned back in my seat.

"Estelle, we need to sit," Sirius whispered to me.

I continued to not say anything and watched as Valentina, my best friend, grabbed his arm and smiled.

"It's okay, that's just Estelle being Estelle," She said.

That was when I cracked. Of course, I didn't want to start drama in the Transfiguration classroom, but I just couldn't take them.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked coldly, watching them all wince at my tone. "I'm not good enough for you guys to talk to me anymore, unless you're practically insulting me, thinking I'm some idiot who doesn't understand? Some idiot who is so strong that she can't even feel hurt anymore? Well forget that." I growled.

They seemed slightly surprised.

"Estelle," Sirius said kindly, reaching down to touch my arm.

I leaned away, glancing at Valentina.

"No."

"What?" He asked in shock.

"No," I said, "Do I have to spell it out for you? N-O. I don't want you near me. So please, just move so I can focus on the lesson."

They didn't seem to like it, but the six found some other place to sit.

Professor McGonagall was really confused at the 4 seats empty around me, and I just gave her a sad smile. She let this one slide, but I knew I was probably going to have to have a talk with her after class. I was not looking forward to it.

*~*~*~*

After Transfiguration, it turned out I was correct. She kept me behind while the others headed to our next class, which was Potions.

"Miss Knight, would you mind explaining to me what that was all about?"

"Nothing, Professor. Just some drama going on between us," I said with a smile.

She raised an eyebrow at me and I sighed.

"Look, I really don't wanna talk about it right now. I need to get to my next class, sorry. Bye, Professor."

She gave me a look but then gestured for me to exit. I let out a breath of relief.

I headed to potions, a few minutes late. This time, the Marauders got there before me, and took our usual seats, but now Val and Lily were sitting with them. I gave them another cold look and sat down at a different seat, deciding not to care anymore.

If they decided to kick me out of the group, that was their choice, not mine.

*~*~*~*

The rest of the day went like this, and now we were sat at the Gryffindor table for dinner. I sat as far away as possible from them. Apparently, Sirius and Valentina were dating now, and James seemed to be growing on Lily.

I don't even know what happened, it was just overnight. I'm pretty sure I didn't say anything that would've hurt them, that's not who I was.

I decided just to leave it, and got up during dinner. I didn't feel like eating right now. I headed back to the Girl's Dormitory and sat on my bed, laying down and staring at the ceiling after a few minutes. I heard the door open, but I didn't even move from my position, not feeling like it.

"Estelle?"

Valentina was here. I ignored her.

"Estelle, we need to talk, really."

I didn't care what she needed to say. All I wanted to do was speak to my four best friends, who also seemed to be ignoring me.

"This isn't my fault!" Valentina said, raising her voice at me now.

I stood up and strode across the room. As I passed her, I held back the urge to hit her and left the dormitory, slamming the door shut.

I saw the Marauders sitting in the Common Room. I sat down in front of them, but didn't say anything

"Estelle?" I heard James say quietly.

"What?" I snapped.

"What's wrong?"

I let out a loud laugh.

"What's wrong? Are you seriously asking me that question? All you've been doing today is ignoring me and flirting with Lily and Valentina. So what's wrong? You. You four are wrong," I hissed, and then left the Common Room.

I didn't know what I was doing, all I knew was I was upset, it was after curfew, and where the exit to Hogwarts was.

*~*~*

Hii, oh my i finally got around to updating this story. I am really sorry for taking this long to update but ive been a bit busy lately, haha. i know i say that every time but really. thanks for 640+ followers, though. love you guys!!