Chapter 7

"Whether by knife or whether by gun, losing your life can sometimes be fun."  

Chapter 7

'Who the hell she thinks she is... that bitch!' Ethan found himself cursing in the elevator at no one in particular after his encounter with Laura. That woman had too much power over him and he didn't like that fact, she was no one! Hell he can even play Julia so why not her, what was so special about her anyway.

Ethan rubbed his right eye in an attempt to control himself, this has happened before apparently this anger always leads to bad things. Bad things that he didn't even wanted to remember, he tried to forget his last similar encounter which happened only three weeks ago. The part of the reason why he started therapy was this anger, anger and fear, fear of no one loving him.

As soon as the elevator door opened he ran towards his car, not giving a second thought to bystanders, as soon as he got inside his car, he leaned his head back in his seat and tried to control himself. He can't let it happen again he slapped his cheeks in an attempt to regain control. "You're okay...you're okay...just breathe."

He was like a predator trying to convince himself that he didn't needed to hunt but inside he knew he was hungry. He inserted his keys in the ignition and drove away, maybe a drive would cool him off. This drive almost lasted for two hours and before he knew it was already around 10 pm. He watched the stream of light coming from passing cars, but he still felt aggravated.

'Oh fuck it.' Ethan pressed the brake with his foot and car came to stop in an abrupt motion, he could hear the passing cars drivers cursing at him, he just flipped them off and turned around his car to reach a very particular destination.

And a few minutes later he found himself entering a local club, the music was blasting on the speakers and making him cringe and worry about his ears, for a moment he considered covering them but stopped himself from doing so, once he realised how uncool that might look.

He could feel the eyes of several horny teenage girls on him but he kept it to himself and made his way to back where the music was low and you can actually hear a person talking. He took a sit beside the bar and started looking, he ordered himself  two shots. He gulped down the liquid in one go but kept looking, he wasn't happy with what he was given. None of them looked like her all of them were almost dressed as prostitutes. But then he saw her, she was sitting all the way back where no one would pay attention to her. But he did, he saw her innocent features and a warm smile spread across his cheeks, then suddenly she was looking at him too, she stopped playing with the umbrella in her drink and looked around as if to make sure he wasn't looking at her, after all why would he look at her?

Ethan smirked and caught a glimpse of surprise in her eyes he ordered two more drinks and started making his way towards her. She looked around but no one was there except her, he really was looking at her, screw that he was walking towards her, she can sense the dirty looks all the women were suddenly giving her and felt embarrassed. She finally got a close look at him, and found herself asking god, what could possible she had done to deserve this.

"Can I join you?" the dark haired handsome man in front of her asked.

"Of course... I mean sure you may join me." she mentally slapped herself for sounding so stupid.

He placed the two drinks in his hand on the table, and slid one towards her and took a seat. "Drinking alone is no fun..."

"It isn't." she giggled at his remark.

"Then why a lovely lady like yourself is all alone?" he genuinely seemed interested in her.

"Well I was waiting for my friends... but then they ditched me and now I am all alone." She tucked her hair back behind her hair, he was making her nervous too nervous.

"I know I am supposed to feel bad but then I wouldn't have exactly had the pleasure of your company." She blushed at his remark and his ego became satisfied. This is way too easy...

He raised his glass "to beginning of a new friendship." She was about to mimic his action but then he purposely slid the napkin present on table, and it fell down.

"UGH I am sorry..." he pretended to look stupid.

"It's okay I got it." As soon as she bent down, Ethan dropped the pill he was carrying between his fingers in her glass and stirred it to just the right amount. She placed the napkin back on the table, and Ethan showed the drink in her hand gently. "To new beginnings." He repeated himself.

She blushed at him and gulped down the liquid and made a promise to herself to go to church more often since God clearly was so generous towards her tonight, they both smiled at each other.

They talked for the next fifteen minutes non-stop, but soon she found her head becoming heavy with every second. She rubbed her temples and bent her head down,

"Are you okay?" she looked up to see him looking at her, but something in his eyes was changed now.

"I don't feel so good....hey I think I have to call my roommate."

"Oh that won't be necessary." Whoa that sounded odd to her ears, his smile suddenly looked a bit suspicious, and why was he smiling in the first place she thought to herself.

"I think I should leave." She tried to get up but he grabbed her arm making her almost loose her balance.

"Easy...Easy" he stood up and positioned himself in front of her while firmly holding her arm in order to help her stand-up, "we don't want any injuries now do we?"

"Excuse me!" she tried to shove him away but her hands were no longer in her control, they felt alien to her. Her eyelids became heavier and soon enough she passed out in his arms.

Ethan took out a pair of sunglasses from his pocket and placed it on her eyes and made his way to the backdoor of the club, and all the while he internally kept thinking that this is way too easy for him.

A/N: so did you liked it? next update will be tomorrow or the day after tomorrow ;p  please leave comments.. I love reading them. 

ps do we like the new cover?