Chapter 8

"The most dangerous thing is this world is to have no purpose." 

Chapter 8

She could feel the cruel cold air everywhere, her feet were in contact with dirt that meant she was barefoot. She tried to get up but her hands were tied. Wait what... where am I? she thought to herself.

This disturbing thought soon led her to open her eyes. All this time it was just a bad dream but her hands were really tied behind her back and she looked up and saw night sky, filled with stars. Where the hell is she?

Her jacket was nowhere to be found and her dress was providing little to no comfort in this weather. She tried moving her head around to suspect her surrounding but even that seemed such a difficult task, her body felt numb to her. But the air around her was fresh and by that she knew she wasn't in the city.

"Comfortable enough?" a slow husky voice came from her left side.

She tilted her head around and saw him. Her eyes widened in quick realisation and everything started coming back to her. She was at a bar and then he came and he was so charming... and then she woke up here. With her hands tied behind her back and her heels was nowhere to be seen. Pity she really liked those heels. Fuck that... to top that she was kidnapped.

She wanted to ask so many questions but she wasn't able to form any kind of words in her head as her head turned into mush. So she looked at him for answers but her doe eyed wide eyes seemed to have no effect on him. He remained motionless, his face emotionless. He was sitting with his back to a tree... but something was different, he no longer seemed so confident.

"You want to know why right?" he said in a whisper, his voice was barely audible "you want to know why you?" he took a deep breath "why here?"

After struggling with what to say she finally found the courage to move her lips and with quivering lips said "please" she was about to break down "let me go?" there was so much that she hasn't done in her life. She wanted to become a lawyer and finish school and she definitely didn't want to die as a virgin.

Ethan looked at her, he knew what he had to do but he just couldn't bring himself to do it. Why was he so heartless... why?

"Help me."

The man who seemed so confident just a few hours... she even know when she got kidnapped, kidnapper or not he definitely knew how to left a first impression. But he seemed so fragile ...so little at this time. His head was now buried between his hands. Did he really just said help me? Or is she hearing things...

Ethan looked up to look at the dark sky he knew she was looking at him with such an intensity that even he could feel it. "I wish I was normal like you." He said while taking a deep breath.

"Didn't ask for this, everyone I loved abandoned me...left me all alone. All by myself for the rest of my life." he got up from his place he was only a few meters away from her. He started walking towards her... her breathing became heavy she started looking around, for some weapon. But she was too weak to do anything.

He was now standing in front of her, and his chiselled features became even more clear now, his raw emotions became more intense. He looked so innocent but so cruel at the same time. How the hell could it be possible... she should not sympathise with him. What the hell is wrong with me? She thought to herself.

He bent down to be at the same level with her, and took all her beauty in. she really was beautiful, he didn't pick her on a random decision. It was fate right? She was there all alone, so beautiful and she looked so much like her. In fact she almost had the same features and long hairs like her... long dark brunette curls which were hugging her body at all the right places.