.01

I silently jumped beam to beam, looking around the warehouse closely, but it was empty.

After one more scan of the place, I sighed and made my exit. I put my finger up to my earpiece.

"Izzy, you said they were here." I sigh, "The place was empty."

Before Izzy could reply, a male voice interrupted. "Maybe because you were a tad bit too late."

A blade was brought up to my throat by some guy in a red helmet and brown jacket.

"Why did you come here?" He asks and I roll my eyes.

"Same reason why you're were here, I'm assuming, but I guess you handled it before I could." I reply, staying still before he made a move.

"Who do you work for?" He asks and I chuckled and shook my head.

"I work for no one but myself."

He pushed me into the wall and trapped me between his body. He still held the knife to my neck while his other hand leaned on the wall. "What if I don't believe you?"

"Well is that the case?" I ask, pointing my nose up a little.

"Maybe it is."

"Maybe if you put that knife away, I'd tell you." I smirk and he lowered his face to mine some more. I saw his eyes narrow through the eye holes of his red helmet. Double masked, clever.

"What are you supposed to be doing anyways?"

"A little bit of crime fighting, a little bit of trouble," I grabbed his wrist, twisted it and wrapped my leg around his knee, making him fall onto his back with me landing on top of him. "And a little bit of fun."

I played with his dagger that was now in my possession, "And I work for no one, like I said before. What are you supposed to be doing?"

"I'm the one who controls or kills crime. Trust me, I'm dangerous."

"I'm guessing only when you wanna be," I put the blade up to his neck when he nudged a gun into my side.

"Play your cards right, sweetheart." He says and I smile.

"What's your name?" He asks, taking the gun away and leaning on his arms so he's closer to my face again. I slipped his dagger back into his holster as I continued to sit on his lap. "Nightshade. You?"

"You don't know who I am?" He asks, a hint of surprise in his voice.

"No, a little new to Gotham, you can say." I reply truthfully.

"So you don't know who Batman is?-"

I chuckled, "I'm not that new."

"Well, I'm the Red Hood, baby." He says, obviously amused and I arch an eyebrow, looking his chest up and down. "Matches the outfit."

"Wouldn't really make sense if it didn't, would it?"

"And I'm guessing you call this," I tap his helmet, "The hood?"

"Or just a helmet." He says, and his hand goes up to my face, thumb starting to raise my mask but I grab his wrist and pin it to the ground with a grin, "Not on the first date."

"Mask for a mask." He offers and I push on his chest to make his back touch the ground. I leaned over him and raised another eyebrow, "If you take that mask off, there'll just be another one right under there." I put my face close to his, "Did you think I was that stupid?"

"I like you." He says smoothly and my smile grew. "If I saw just a little bit more of your face, I could say the same thing."

"Izzy to Shade, we've got a code ice on 9th. Said you wanted some action, you've got it." Izzy says and I put my finger on my ear again. "On my way, Shade out."

I stood and tightened my gloves, walking to the edge.

"You said you didn't work for anyone." Red Hood says and I smirk.

"And I don't. But I never said I didn't work with someone. We'll have to continue this another time, I have some business to attend to. Au revoir, Red Hood." I smirk before flipping off of the building. Landing next to my motorcycle, I put on my helmet and raise my leg to get on. Revving it up, I kick the stand and zoom off.