.52

I turn off the new lamp in the bedroom since I had accidentally broke the old one as Jason and I begin to head out to Wayne Manor.

Izzy had flew out to Hawaii with my ticket and Kaiden went with her with Jason's, so we were for sure going to Thanksgiving with Mister Wayne.

We head out to the car and hop in, immediately turning on the heat and seat warmers.

As we drive, I see Jason's face turn cold and his leg trembling. I put my hand on his knee and he slightly jumps.

I softly chuckle, "That's gotta be the first time I've seen you get scared."

"I'm...I didn't get scared." He claims, briefly shaking his head as he drives with one hand and his other elbow on the armrest.

"Just thinking really, really hard." I pry and he sighs deeply.

"Am I wrong for it?" He questions back, brows slightly furrowing as he looks back at the road.

"No, you're not. But..don't think too hard or you're gonna get yourself worried." I assure with a comforting smile, "Look, if you feel uncomfortable or tense, just...grab my hand and breathe or something. You can even pull me to the side or—"

"I get it, Bri," He smiles a little and grabs my hand from his knee, intertwining our fingers tightly and glancing over at me, "You'll be there for me."

"Always." I smile and kiss his cheek, and when I pull back, his hand leaves mine and grabs my chin to bring me back, his lips merging with mine deeply.

His eyes are open and looking at the road as his tongue shoots into my mouth and caresses mine, but I assumed they accidentally closed when someone suddenly honks at us and Jason swerves the car, our lips breaking away from each other in sudden alert and panic.

We laugh a little when Jason takes control of the wheel again, my hands gripping the dashboard and armrest instinctively.

He smiles over at me, and I softly laugh back, the adrenaline slowly fading.

After almost thirty minutes, we finally arrive at Wayne Manor and park. A few other cars are parked around the circular paved driveway and it takes a moment for Jason to take the key out the ignition.

We sit for a short moment before I speak quietly, "Ready?"

He sighs a little and nods, "Yeah."

I smile and get out the car, taking the lead when he follows.

"Brielle..." Jason calls quietly from behind me before I start walking up the steps. I look back at him, seeing his eyes a little wide and his eyebrows puckered in a worried expression.

I frown and walk back over to him, taking my hand in his as our breath shows in the cold air.

"It'll be okay. I promise it'll be okay. I'm here," I assure, and he takes another moment to look away from the house to look down at me. His hand tightens around mine and he takes a deep breath.

"Alright," He nods, "I'm freezing my ass off."

I smile a little and then we walk up to the front door together.

I knock on it a few times, hard and loud enough. Jason loosens his hand briefly, only to make our grip tighter than before.

I mentally made this a mission: this was going to go well for Jason. He deserves it and I wasn't going to make this a waste. He was depending on me for once, and I promise not to let him down.

The door starts to unlock and I could've swore I heard Jason's heart beat. As the door opens, Jason smiles a little.

"Alf-"