Chapter Two

The week flew by as Jamal went about his usual routine, recording in the studio and meeting with his father. He made sure to text or call Shia if anything utterly important came to mind. Nothing stood out.

'Hey Shia, where's your future baby daddy?' Amber, her assistant, walked in with two files filled with her latest sales. 'They've fallen in love with the cottages this summer...Girl, you are glowing.'

Shia winked at Amber as she turned to leave already having another call to answer.

Being the CEO of a company in high demand kept Shia on her toes. At the age of 26, she already was well known with older companies. Her father had passed down the company to her as soon as she graduated from college.

'Coming in.' Amber paged her as she skimmed the sales.

Shia's head shot up in alarm at who could be coming in without proper announcement.

'Surprise, Surprise. I got an hour free to take my lovely lady to lunch.' Jamal lifted her from her chair which resembled a throne and offered up a lingering kiss to pouty lips.

'Stevie's.'

'Yeah, I guess...'

Jamal never took Shia to Stevie's unless she was in a funk. And nothing in her behavior seemed to lean towards that. But no one was complaining, it was some good Southern eating.

After practically devouring every bite of her food and more, Shia sat back to acknowledge Jamal. He had thrown down his fork when she stuck her fork in his food. It was horrible.

'Did you just? Are you? What?!'

'Yes, I did. I don't know. I'm usually not this hungry unless my period is close or my body is changing.'

Shia answered his questions as she took a sip of water to wash down her food.

'Well do you need a test or something?'

'No, I'm waiting for a while longer to be totally sure.'

'Why?'

'I don't want to jinx anything, yet. Plus Amber already said I was glowing.'

Jamal raised a brow like he thought all the evidence was sitting right in front of her. She shrugged stubbornly. He rolled his eyes.

'I need to get back before they replace me with another gay guy. Lucious is just that evil.'

Shia laughed as she gave him a goodbye hug and kiss.

He walked her to her car and got her going before he headed to his.

Later than night, Shia was snuggled up in bed watching 'The Game' and cheering on her favorite couple Chardonnay/Jason although everything was shot to shit. She believed they were worth sticking it out and working on their marriage.

'Hey Shy, I brought you some Chinese from Liu's. He says 'Hi' and he gave you extra Kung Pao.' Jamal called out as he entered their flat with bags of take out. Shia paused the show and hopped out of bed. She rarely ate in bed unless she was in a funk. 'In here, babe. I'm getting out of bed.'

They kissed as she entered the dining room and before they knew it, all the food was being forgotten and they were on the dining room floor.

After their rounds of lovemaking, Shia walked them to the hot tub in the patio beyond their sitting room. She brought the food as well and while they soaked, ate food, and talked about their day...everything felt right.

She wasn't worried about getting pregnant. He wasn't worried about his father. They were existing in a moment of peace and quiet.

Something that was about to end...