Chapter Five

Entering the Lyon den was interesting.

Jamal let her wear this red bandage dress that showed all of her curves and outlined the small bump of her belly. She didn't wear a lot of make up because natural was more her thing anyways, just a simple eyeliner, nude lip gloss, and some mascara. With Jamal's little speech about not being afraid of his dad or mother, she felt ready to do whatever.

When they got into the huge mansion, Jamal led her into a sitting room occupied by two other couples. She saw the youngest couple making out and then the older couple looked like they were devising a plan. This seemed pretty interesting already, so all she had to do was be herself.

'Hey everybody! This is my girlfriend, Shia Moore. Shia, this is my brother Hakeem and his girlfriend Tiana. My other brother Andre and his wife Rhonda.'

'Hello, everyone!'

'Oh I see you brought Miss Pageant dropout.'

Cookie was unspeakably rude and Shia was getting fed up. She almost had a miscarriage and her emotions were not in the best of places at the moment. Jamal didn't even get to say anything before Shia went off.

'First off even if I was a Pageant dropout, I'd still look and dress better than your stuck in the mfing 80s ass! So stop with the bullshit before your cookie crumbles, bitch!'

'Hey, Hey, Hey! What's all this? Jamal, who is this?'

Lucious Lyon walked in with his arm around a light skinned woman with a cropped cut. Shia looked ready to slap a bitch and cry at the same time. But Jamal grabbed her hand with a comforting look.

'Jamal has apparently got a new girlfriend. I think she tricked my baby, so she can get his money.' Cookie stood back as she gave Shia a nasty look. The other woman barely gave her a glance as Lucious looked her up and down. 'Well he does have taste...got it from his daddy. My boy's becoming a man.' Jamal scoffed as he walked over to a couch and let Shia sit on his lap.

She was tired and her hands itched to call Amber about the Gala that the girl went to in her stead. The Lyon family was not all that welcoming if Cookie's outburst was anything to go by.

Jamal let her rest on his chest as the family talked amongst themselves.

'Who may I ask is joining us for dinner?' Lucious gave Shia a grin that resembled something from Jaws. She cleared her throat and sat up. 'My name is Shia Moore. I-' Anika interrupted her thoughts.

'She owns the company Gisele. It's very successful and, Lucious, she's the CEO.' The light skinned lady smiled politely as she tried to make Shia feel less of a stranger.

That made the room erupt with noise.

'How old are you?' Andre, she guessed, asked as he held his wife's hand.

'26. Why is there a law against it?'

'Man, that's dope. A female CEO. Mal, you chose a good one.' Hakeem, who looked like the youngest brother, seemed genuinely interested.

Shia smiled at the opposite welcome she got from the boys.

Maybe it wasn't that bad.