Chapter Eleven

More Frequent Updates Coming Soon!

Shia didn't know how to feel about anything right now but her feet were waging a war as she raced through the park.

It has been a week since she has been home with her husband. She hasn't answered any of his phone calls or texts. Her phone has been off after she called in sick at work and told them to give everything over to her assistant.

Finally she stopped at the end of the trail and began walking to find a bench to stretch before she relaxed a little.

"You getting thick back there," an annoying voice brought her down from the high she had been on despite the ache in her body.

"What do you care? I'm not bothering you or your son anymore."

"It's not about Jamal. See I can control him just by dangling his career in front of his face. You were never a factor," Lucious spoke up from the bench that the pregnant woman had decided to stretch against.

"Yet you pushed me out of his life using Michael. The thing you hate about your son and you sent in a man that you know could reveal secrets about Jamal the closer he gets."

"Michael's just for show. A trophy," Lucious waved his hand.

"I'm his wife. He doesn't need a trophy to validate out love. He doesn't need to treat me like a trophy because they get put on shelves and pedestals and people admire them but they are ornamental... just for show. I have a lot of bite to my bark, Mr. Lyon. You messed with me and I can handle it but you're messing with someone I truly care about and that's going to get you and your little feelings hurt," Shia snapped as she stood up from the bench that she had taken a rest on and glared down at Lucious.

He reached a hand out to touch the swell of her belly but she stepped away from him still angry over his careless actions.

"That's an heir to my legacy. You can't hide from me when you carry my last name," he smirked as he watched her back away until she just rolled her eyes and headed out of the park.

The family that she was building would not be ruined by none of the Lyons especially not Lucious.

-

After she finished taking a warm bath and exfoliated her skin and face, she started smoothing on lotion while heading to her bedroom.

She nearly jumped in fright when she saw Cookie sitting on her hotel bed.

"Nice. Fancy. What did you do before you met my son? Escort service. Exotic dancing," Cookie teased as she watched the brown skinned woman continue to rub Cocoa butter on her arms and legs. "Why did you choose my son? The one who chases beards and not skirts."

"You can't help who you love. You should know that being with the devil's best friend and all..."

Cookie laughed genuinely at the Lucious jibe but she really was confused as to how her son could admit to being gay but still want a woman who seemed like a dream. She had her own business, money, and she was beautiful.

"Well, he's with Michael now."

"No. He's portraying an image so he won't he called a liar because Lucious forced it on him."

"And why are you here and he's not?"

Shia chuckled at that. Really amused by the fact that she could ask Cookie the same damn question.

"Because I know him and I know he needs his space or he'll throw all of it away just to be with me. And I could never live with myself if I let him do that just to please me."

"What makes you care so much?", Cookie wondered as she squinted at Shia.

"Because he's my husband and I'm his wife."

The older woman stood up real quick and examined the ring on Shy's ring finger. It sparkled in the light and looked so good that Cookie even said Damn to herself.

"Then why you letting Lucious run all over you?"

"He's not. He's trying to take Jamal's career but I won't let him even if I have to let him go to somewhere else to get that push."

"You know Lucious will never let that boy go," Cookie finished.

"Not his decision. Jamal is not a boy anymore. And once you and Lucious understand that he is grown and capable of making his own decisions then maybe you could see his true potential."

Cookie sighed. She knew enough to know that Lucious nor Jamal were going to ever toss each other out of their lives so easily. Especially over something as silly as whether he was gay or straight or whatever the hell. Even she had seen them blow up only to reconcile again.

"Just be careful. I like you... You're strong and seeing you fight for my boy has made me see that you ain't just after his money."

Shia actually smiled at the thought.

Cookie Lyon, toughest Mother to please, actually considers her something more than just a leech.

How funny?