Beginning of the End

Loki crawled out of his ditch in the floor, thinking that he might be able to salvage himself and grovel for his life. He heard something behind him and turned to see the entire Avengers group staring at him. He lifted his hands into the air as Clint raised his bow. He muttered something under his breath as Thor bound his wrists with a Asgardian handcuff of some sort. Andrea bit her lip, remembering that she didn’t want to know who Eira was meant to be. She was dead as far as she could tell. She was Andrea, and always will be. The Doctor smiled, hiding something subtle from her.

“Let’s get out of here,” Bruce muttered, transforming back into a human being. Everyone silently agreed as they turned to the balcony, where Nick had sent a helicopter. Andrea glanced at Loki, whose eyes were burning with impatience. She turned away as she could hear his thoughts. There was more to Eira that Andrea wasn’t going to be able to ignore. Something big. Tony wrapped his arms around her and directed her to the balcony.

“So,” he began, smiling. She ducked her head to hide her grin. “You love me, then?”

“As if you were so dense,” Andrea answered, teasing him. Tony smiled, laughing under his breath. The Doctor shook his head, thinking that these two were ridiculous. Although, he still hoped that Andrea would travel with him. They walked outside and boarded the helicopter. Andrea watched Thor and Loki come out a few moments later to come onto the copter as well. Andrea sighed, wondering if this was going to be the most awkward ride of her life.

In the midst of the silence, they landed over by central park, where S.H.E.I.L.D. had placed their soldiers. They were there to make sure that Loki didn’t try something clever. Thor had put a muzzle on his foster brother as dragged him out of the vehicle, carrying the tesseract with him. Andrea stood between the Doctor and Tony as the gods stood in front of everyone. Thor nodded and thanked each hero before taking Loki and the tesseract back to Asgard.

“That wasn’t too hard,” Andrea sighed and laughed as the Doctor nudged her forward. She folded her arms as Tony shook his head. “I’m kidding. And, yes, Doctor.”

“Yes what?” he asked, a quizzical look on his face. Andrea laughed and smiled, feeling much better than the past couple of days.

“I’m going to travel with you. My answer is yes. You were thinking about it, you silly man,” she clarified, making the Doctor smile sheepishly. Tony pursed his lips, trying to keep his mind blank. Andrea bit her lip and turned on her heel. He looked surprised that she turned to him. “Tony, really? I’m not leaving you behind! The Doctor just asked me to see the universe with him. Just for a little while. Maybe find answers.”

“Andrea,” he sighed as the Doctor stepped in.

“You’re welcome to come, too, Tony. If you’re worried about her,” the Doctor suggested as Tony shook his head. Andrea stepped back, shocked.

“No, it’s fine. Someone needs to help clean and protect this place. I’m sure more worlds will hear about the battle today. I can’t abandon the earth now,” Tony smiled as the Doctor smiled. Andrea gave him a hug as he wrapped his arms around her.

“No matter what anyone else says, you are a hero. You always will be,” Andrea whispered as she let go, wiping her eyes. He kissed her cheek and smiled.

“Thanks, Andy. Now go have some fun. Find answers. Explore what many don’t get the chance to,” Tony replied as she nodded.

“You’re not coming back with us? Back to the helicarrier?” Andrea whispered as Stark shook his head. She held her breath, thinking that he would at least come with her when she told Nick.

“No, I have to rebuild the Stark Tower before people start talking,” he winked, stepping back away from her. Andrea nodded, thinking that he did have a life here. He didn’t live on the S.H.I.E.L.D. base nor would he ever want to.