Prologue

Lia

The bell rang, signalling the end of class.

Finally! I thought.

"So, are you coming tonight?" My friend Jane asked.

I shook my head. "I can't. It's my cousin, Cat's birthday today. I'm surprising her with concert tickets to Sam Smith's concert," I said.

Jane nodded. "Well you two have fun. Let me know how the concert goes,."

I nodded with a smile. "Will do," she said, then they hugged goodbye.

I then walked to the school's parking lot to meet my driver slash bodyguard. Dad's always been big on safety and protection. And I honestly don't mind, since I like John. He's in his late thirties, and some may think that's ancient, but he can easily take on six guys.

Oh yeah... I've seen it.

"Miss Lia, how was your day?" John asked.

I smiled. "It was okay," I responded.

"Your dad called and asked me to take you to his office," John said.

"Ok, but mom and I were supposed to go shopping for the concert tonight," I said.

John shrugged.

"I'm gonna call him," I said.

I quickly dialled my dad's number.

"Hey, principessa," my dad answered on the second ring.

I rolled my eyes and smiled at my dad's term of endearment. "Hi, dad. John said you wanted to see me in your office?"

"Yes," dad said.

"Ok. But mom and I are supposed to go shopping for the concert tonight," I said looking at the time.

It's quarter to 4, and the concert starts at 7:30pm. That doesn't give mom and I much time to bond and shop.

Dad chuckled. "Yeah, I know. I asked your mom to meet you here. I haven't seen you in a week. When I came back from my business trip this morning you were already gone for school. Your brothers are with your Uncle Luke having a sleep over," he said. "And knowing you and your mom, you two will take hours shopping," Dad said. "So how about you spare your old man at least a minute of your time. Just enough to hug my baby girl?"

I laughed softly. "I miss you too, dad. I'll see you soon. Oh and I'm not a baby anymore."

"You'll always be my little girl, principessa."

I chuckled. "Be there soon, dad."

"See you," dad said before ending the call.

***

"Hi, Miss Lia, go on in, your father's waiting for you," Wanda my dad's secretary said.

"Thanks Wanda. Say hi to your kids for me," I said.

"Will do, Miss Lia," she called after me.

I walked and pushed the double doors of my dad's office and walked right in.

"There she is," I heard my dad say.

I smiled and ran towards my dad.

He caught me in his arms as always, and spun me around.