Battlefield

Recap:

I catch a glimpse of his or is it her form. It obscured by the coverage of the trees, they being as much protection as they were doing to me and even if I pulled out my own available gun at my side. It would be useless. Yes, it is a shocker that it would be useless to strike but it is. However, I have to try; reassuringly I reach to my side of my hip and try to change the events that are transpiring to gain the advantage.

Blasting my own fire power at my assailant, unfortunately, the Shooter is using Quick Step like I and I fail to take my attacker down with my shots. Ammunition, he or her is directing at me but receiving it from the tranquiller gun but in front of me, luckily, I find a fern that looks appeasing to me.

 Why is my opponent trying to put me to sleep like a common animal?

 What did my assailant want from me?

Chapter 7: Battlefield

The barks of the trees were intimidating to me. The weeds creating a unique flow of eloquent designs and beautiful leaf patterns, the tall trees with abundant plants creeping around but I also hearing the river currents flowing as their was a pond nearby.

Grass was pounded away by the soles of my shoes as I breathed through my nostrils. I am trying to pick up my pace and my hair flying over my shoulder while I was creating the wind. It created by the pace of speed that was taking place and the gun still clutched in my fist.

The rocks skimming Ebony's boots as she had to crouch in the underbrush, the temperature surrounding the forest increasing as the cat and mouse game was still continuing. Yet the moonlight still bloomed up in the horizon, the events of the moon changing as it turned yellow and foretelling something bad was about to occur. How the greenery would block you until you forcefully would have to push aside the cast of branches and twigs in your way.

Unfortunately, the dawn was approaching and in its place the shadows were developing. Ebony was so focused, to aware that she tried peering in the dark by every corner and also every shadow but waiting for any tiny bit of disturbance that might appear.

This pursuing, it also making me very angry and ferocious while my claws then unsheathed and became deadly. My claws therefore swiping at the air, they exposed as my temper raised and my eyes now flashed crimson.

Revealing obvious fury and hatred because it was filling the pit of my stomach but instantaneously I lunged forward. Leaping over a wide but massive bark of a fallen tree that has been lost its directness and now at the present, the tree was now kissing the ground to become one and whole with the soil.

Immediately I cursed when I saw another tranquilizer, the ammo flying right by me but suddenly grazed my arm. It indeed shredding my sleeve but did not punctuate me but as of yet passed me by a fingers breathe. I realized that my pursuer was getting better improved at aiming at me as long as this chasing game played out.

Moreover, it made me feel uncomfortable. I knew I needed to do something quick...

Being watchful Ebony took the approach to use her surroundings to her advantage. The tension brewing as a first bead of sweat dipped close to her braw. Suddenly her hand flew at arms length reflexively like a blacksnake whip to grab a sturdy long branch.

The branch was strong and workable to her next advantage. Altering her body downwards by dodging a bush that crossed her path but unhesitatingly and yet instinctively she narrowed towards the right. Inga knowing in the back of her mind that her Shooter would follow right behind her likes her own shadow and like her own footprint.

With vigilance and determination, heeding no error I heard quick steps following behind me by my sensitive hearing and with a smirk stapled on my mouth I let loose the branch. Urgently waiting for the discovery of my Shooter...for my pursuer to come out in the open and show his or her self.