Chapter 6 - time with Jane.

Getting to the office was the same old routine. I called Charlotte and she gave me my schedule. I had a dinner meeting with some associates from Tokyo at eight thirty. I had been waiting my whole life for that meeting. There was no way I was canceling it. I called Jane to meet me up at the same place we had coffee the previous evening. I worked so hard and fast because I didn't want anything to stop me from meeting the clients, and Jane.
Oh Jane. She, I had met only once, caused a memory inside my mind. I had to meet her again. Soon the night came and I got the contract from the people from Tokyo. And the surprising thing was that Jane was the one I could think of sharing that moment with. I went to the café not so long after and Jane was there already. We talked and I listened, I guess. Well all I could see was her face. Her dark brown eyes, her cute nose and her lips, the way they moved slowly and touched each other so gently. Her cheeks, they are "totally kissable". She stopped and stated and I woke up because I had been dreaming for the past ten minutes.

"What is?" She asked. That one I heard.

"Huh"  I asked, confused.

"You said totally kissable. What is totally kissable?". She asked again.

Oh come on. Ed, think. Then I said,

"I meant that what you were saying, that your story is totally kissable."
I responded, trying to hold it together.

"I was talking about my dead father. How's that totally kissable?"

" Oh." I said looking like a complete idiot. "Condolences."
I went back to sipping my coffee.

"Okay. What about you? Tell me something about you. Who is Edmund Xenox?" She asked.

"Oh thank God she ignored what I said earlier." I thought, silently. And like I learned no lesson at all. I opened my mouth and said the most outrageous thing.

"I almost got married eleven times this year." 
What is wrong with me? I thought, with my eyes wide open. She looked at me and she laughed.

My car was parked a while back so we walked to it. And it gave us a chance to actually talk. Again I took her home. That night as I laid on my bed I realized something. I realized that I had started to feel something for Jane and it seemed like it was there to stay. I had never felt that way before. I never knew such a thing was important in life, except work. And now I did. Jane made me feel something I had never felt before. She made me feel alive and safe to walk out of my comfort zone. She made me understand that this world was full of mysteries and misfortunes but it didn't mean that we have to sacrifice all the good times because of it. Just because my grand father entrusted me with his businesses before he died didn't mean that I had to kill myself too for it.
I was ready to let someone into my life and heart for real this time. And I was certain that it was Jane, the girl I had been waiting for.