Final Chapter - Christmas wedding

Jane and I had being together for an year and half and during that time, life was good. I was interviewed and asked when I planned on getting married. It had been more than a year and I hadn't sent any other unfortunate woman to the altar. I told them that I had no intention of getting married that year mainly because I knew Jane would be watching.
That night I took Jane out for dinner. We sat and talked after eating but she wouldn't stop asking, "why is everyone wearing a cap?" And every time she would ask that I would just say that I didn't know.
Later, a waiter brought the cake we ordered and I asked Jane to take a bite of hers first. She looked at the cake closely and took it out. The one thing I wanted her to have. The reason I brought her there in the first place. I stood up and went to her and cleaned it with a tissue. I went on one knee and holding the ring up to her, I said,

"Jane, If you hadn't come into my life with your light, I wouldn't have known I was living in darkness. I love you and I want to be with you for as long as we both may live. Will you do me the honor of accepting my hand?"

She stared at me as the drumroll played in my head and nodded. "Yes I will." She said.

As I gently slipped the ring on her finger, the whole restaurant stood on their feet and clapped, all laughing and smiling. All those there were our loved ones. That moment, the feeling of being home, was felt for the first time in me. We couldn't wait any longer. Everything was set and we planned to get married on Christmas.
Jane was the twelfth bride I had taken to the altar. But this time I married her and made her my woman. All our loved ones attended and Charlotte gave up an important event just so she could laugh at me. I who made fun of love. Jane and I danced at every song that played and everything was prefect. Everything looked so magical, just like a dream.