5. The Outsiders

"Revenge. It's my need to quench the thirst of my sweet revenge." Alvin squeaked, pacing slowly in front of me.

I stared at him in confusion, that still didn't explain why I was here.

I didn't know what my stepfather had done to that chipmunk, but if he wanted revenge, why the hell would he kidnap me? It wasn't like I was close to him or knew anything about him.

"I'll never forgive him for what he did. That man deserves worse than death." Alvin said in a scary tone, the squeak slightly gone. "And not just him, but your whore mother and failure of a brother too."

His words made me freeze in my spot. The last word especially.

"Now, here's how this next part works." He dragged on, looking like he was having the time of his life.

I was reminded of my kidnapper's presence as I felt his grip slightly tighten on me.

"I'm going to ask you some questions and if you answer all of them correctly, I'll explain why I'm doing all of this and nobody gets hurt." He said in a wicked manner, reminding me now of a crow rather than a chipmunk.

"Do we have a deal?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

I knew better than to make a deal with this excuse of a devil, but I saw an opportunity. I had the upper-hand here because the chipmunk thought I would have information on my brother and the other two people mentioned. If I wanted to protect my brother, I knew I could feed this guy false information and use it to my advantage... Plus, lover boy behind me seemed pretty willing to help me out.

So I found myself slowly nodding with wide eyes in agreement.

I was only doing a better job of selling my act.

"Don't you worry, I will make sure of it." He gave me a smile which I think was meant to look comforting.

This guy was truly an idiot.

"Untie the rag." He ordered the kidnapper.

The kidnapper did so in a swift motion, letting the material fall loosely around my neck.

I had to bite my tongue back from letting out the pent up profanities I had for the balding man in front of me.

In due time.

"First question." He barked, causing me to slightly jump. His high pitched voice was very unsettling.

"Are you a man?" He asked seriously.

Was this guy for real?

"Why would you-" I started.

"Answer, the question." He said eerily, with a smile like the joker on his face.

"No, I am one hundred percent female." I said firmly. Maybe he was just confused. Hell, I was the one confused.

I heard a ding go off and looked up to see Alvin pulling out a small machine from behind him.

I wonder if he had had that stored in his pants this whole time. I really hoped not.

"Good, now we know that the lie detector works." He said, looking up at me with a smug look.

My eyes widened. Nobody had said anything about a lie detector. I wasn't even aware that those things actually existed until a few months ago from some Tom Cruise movie.

I felt the kidnapper's body freeze from behind me, indicating he was taken by surprise too.

"Are you ready?" He asked, not waiting for an answer. "Good. Now, what is your stepfather's mother's name?"