11. The Justin Bieber Moment

STRAWBERRYTASTIC BANNER BY PURPLE_PRINCESS143---->>>> I LOVE ITT :D

How much did I actually love my stepdad? The answer was obvious and I'd love to rant about my step-daddy issues with the little chipmunk, but I didn't want to put my brother Tyler in any danger. I knew if I started giving away some information, he'd eventually grasp onto it and end up bringing down my entire life and anyone in it.

So when Alvin the impatient chipmunk repeated his question, I gave him a blank stare.

"What kind of question is that." I deadpanned.

He stared at me with burning impatience as he barely was able to wait for my next words.

"Of course I love him!" I gushed out, throwing my hands up for the extra theatricals.

I had to protect Tyler.

"You're lying." Alvin spat.

I knew the jazz-hands had pushed it.

"I know how much you hate that man." Alvin continued, trying to peer into my soul in search of anything that would give away my act, but it was far too easy to fool the crow-eyed furry creature.

I just looked at him in confusion, forcing tears to surface up to my eyes. "No. I love my step-father. In fact, I can't wait until he kicks down this door and puts you away for a long time, because you're a bad man." I seethed at him, letting a tear roll down my cheek at the end of it.

"Stop lying bitch!" He suddenly growled, pushing his chair back and standing up with a red face.

I thought I was doing amazing! Now I knew how Leo must have felt all those years when he never won an Oscar for his phenomenal performances. If he were here now, I'm sure he'd make a second Inception just for me to star in it next to him...

I opened my mouth to tell the chipmunk off, but quickly shut it as I both felt and saw the anger rolling off of him in waves.

"No one can love a man like that. He's a selfish coward." He bit out.

"What did he even do?" I asked quietly, trying to look shocked that he would speak those words of accuracy and honesty about my step-father.

He stayed silent for a while, then took his seat again and stared at me with those dark and eerie eyes.

"He ruined my life." Was all he said.

Poor little chipmunk.

"But what do I have to do in all of this?" I asked, nearing my patience.

"You my dear are the secret weapon. You're what I'm going to use to tear your family apart just like he did with mine, except I'm gonna make it more painful and tragic, so he can really feel the pain that I felt tenfold. So he can get what he deserves." He had a look of insanity in his eyes by the time he finished.

He was going to hurt my family? Just because my mother's boyfriend screwed him over? It seemed incredulous.

"But we're not even a proper family!" I argued. There was no point in defending this man now when it clearly wasn't going to save my brother or myself.

"Yes Skylar, I know. But your mom you see, is the only thing important to him. I know that if I take away her kids, she will offer up your step-father like that." He snapped his fingers and had a frantic look in his eyes.

I glared back at him. "You know what my mom would say if you told her you had her two kids locked up?" I asked him, leaning over the table now. "'Good riddance.'"