0.2

i had changed into my pajamas and was crawling into bed with my laptop. i figured that if i was going to start hanging out with this boy i should get to know his music.

i stalked his instagram and then his band's account. i did the same with twitter and then i went and watched their youtube videos to listen to their songs. what i learned was that he was a good soccer player, he had a nice ass, and he loved dogs which was good because i had two. he was also insanely dorky much like the other three members of his band.

after almost two hours of scrolling through tumblr and other social media websites, it was three am and i was exhausted. i put my laptop away, turned off the light, and curled up with my two dogs at my feet sleeping peacefully. i closed my eyes and was soon asleep.

✧ ☾✧

the bell on the door jingled as i entered the small café. my floral vans tapped lightly on the hardwood and i hummed quietly until i got behind the counter. i held my pen in between my teeth as i quickly pulled my hair into a messy side bun. my hair only went just a little below my shoulders but it was thick so there was a lot to mess with.

"see, this is what you need to wear in the winter," eliza smiled proudly as she inspected my outfit.

i had on light washed, boyfriend jeans that were ripped in multiple places. they went well with my white tank top that was layered with a cheap kimono i found at a vintage clothing store.

i simply shrugged and started counting the money in the register like i did every morning.

"i heard that you went on a date? who was the boy and why didn't you tell me?" she tilted her head to the side with a small pout on her lips.

"calum hood and i never got around to telling you."

"you went out with calum hood?" she nearly shouted.

"shh," charlotte hushed eliza as she passed bye.

i nodded carefully, licking my lips and patiently waiting for her response.

"i can't believe he asked you out! that's amazing! how did it go? what is he like?" she started to bombard me with questions but i quickly cut her off.

"you aren't upset?"

"no! one of my closest friends is going out with calum hood!" she clapped excitedly, "is there a second date?"

"um, i don't know. i think we're really different," i sighed.

"you've only been on one date."

"well, he's loud and i'm quiet. he likes punk, i like indie. he likes music, i like painting. he eats meat, i'm a vegetarian. i'm small, he's large. there are just so many opposites."

"people aren't meant to like the same things. give it a shot. not just because it's calum hood, but because he might actually be a really great guy for you."

"was he gentleman?" charlotte asked.

i nodded.

"and he is attractive?"

"very."

"and he finds you attractive?"

"i think so."

"don't pass up a gentleman who finds you attractive just because you haven't found anything in common."

"okay," i sighed, "i'll go on a second date if he wants to."

"yay!" they cheered.

i turned back to the register and continued to count the cash. i was so focused on counting the pennies i didn't even notice that someone was watching me intently.