Free me

"Morning," A soft familiar voice sounded in my ear.  My eyes fluttered open in surprise to find Will sliding a knife from his pocket.

"What are you doing here?"  I whispered urgently.  Will let out a laugh.  I wondered where he had been, and how he had escaped.  He looked awfully thin and dirt and blood cacked his back and shoulders, a thin scar rimmed from his forehead to the edge of his left eye.

"It's a long story, but I need to free you," Will said as he slit the ropes around my right arm.

"They'll hear you though!"  I exclaimed.  He sighed and looked up at me with his icey blue colored eyes, saddened with the years of heartless suffering.  As if entering his mind, images of his memory flashed before me.  I heard his screams and pleas as the watchers slashed him with whips as he scrubbed the decks when he was a boy.  I saw the fire in his eyes as he watched the people die as crewmates looted the cities.  The heartless curses he received when he cried, the millions of prayers he whispered to the skies.  Then I saw myself.  Tears running down my eyes when I first was trapped in the nets. 

"That's the point," he hissed.  My eyes widened in surprise as I looked away and flashed back to reality.  My eyes.  They were a gift I possessed.  Anyone who dared look into them would loose themselves and I would experience everything they ever experienced themselves.  From what I had seen though Will's eyes, I would call it a curse.

"I won't leave you like this, not here," I cried as my wrists came loose.  Will held me in place as he began to slice through the last rope that tied my tail to this bloody ship.

"You have no choice.  I want you free, Syrena, I L-love you," his voice was shaky as he concentrated on cutting the rope.

"You don't deserve to be here, escape while you can!"

"I can't, I am part of the curse."

His words struck me.  I had forgotten that he had been there on that night Black told me of.  That he would die in less than one month as well.

"I refuse to leave then, I shall not let you die, I wish for you to live."  Before Will could say a thing, I tokk his face in my hands and gently planted my lips on his,  The world vanished before us, our lips pressed together in perfect allignment like the first kiss.  Yet this, was better. 

I had no idea that we were falling, until both of hit the water, still connected.  Will pulled away hazardly and disappeared in the mass of bubbles that created a thick cloud around us. 

"WILL!" I screamed, but it only came out in bubbles.  I flicked my tail and jetted through the water, my eyes darting from each side in search of any movement like a hawk waiting for its prey.

I ressurfaced after a frightful few seconds to find Will climbing the edge of the ship as Pirates accumulated around the deck.

"You betrayed me!" I screamed, rage seething through my veins.  I began to swim towards the edge of the ship, but Will grabbed a hanging neck and through it right on top of me.  I screeched at the top of my lungs as the change began.  Fangs slit out through the edges of my mouth, my nails turned into talons, my back growing a spiny fin as my eyes turned as red as blood.

I scrambled to break free of the net, the curse taking over my body.  I had transformed into a monster, a creature that sailors feared, that made the crew members on deck back away in horror.  I ripped my claws through the netting and began to swim towards the edge of the ship.

Stop!  Control yourself!  Get away from them, don't hurt Will!

I thrashed up against the side of the ship,planks of wood falling into the waves that were now rough.  I clawed my way towards him.  It felt like I was watching from the sky above, unable to control my own body.

Get away from him!

My body refused to obey as I scraped my nails against his flesh, blood soaking out in half a second.  I grabbed ahold of him and dragged him under the waves.

Please Stop!

He swished around, struggling to break free from my reach as I pulled him down further. 

Please take the curse away!  Kill me for all I care!

I wished a crew member would throw a spear into the water and hit my dead onI wanted to die that very moment and free Will.

I sank my fangs into his neck like a vampire and tasted the sourness of his blood.  I caught a glimpse of his eyes.  Wide and fearfull.  I was a monster.  I was going to kill him.  His eyes then slowly began to close, his lips parting, his struggling stopped.

Let me free!

Suddenly, I regained control of my body and lifted my fangs away from Will's neck.  I swam as fast as I could, a trail of Will's blood flowing behind me.  I could own keep thinking one thing.

Please don't die...

I dragged him to the shore of the first island I found and laid above him, staring at him with fear as the blood puddled around us.

"Wake up, please!"

I waited there for several hours, my body pressed against his as I protected him from further harm.  Finally, I heard a soft groan.  I lifted form him and grabbed his face with my hands.

"Speak to me..." I whispered.

His eyes opened just a fraction of the way, boring holes into my head.  I was only thankful that he was alive.  My eyes took back their turquoise color and my fangs began to sink back into my gums.  The fin on my back broke away, leaving a scar but nothing else.  I took deep breathes as WIll began to regain consciousness.

It was morning by the time he spoke, and his words were like a poisonous dagger slicing through my precious heart.

"You're a monster..." He shuddered.

[bum bum bum :p]