Falling in More Way Than One

This to me is the perfect time of year. Not too hot, not too cold. Just the perfect weather to throw on a comfy sweater and be good all day. My crazy shift at the cafe today hadn't allowed me to enjoy the outdoors like I had hoped too, so I had to stick to looking longingly out the window every time I could. I walked home slower than usually, breathing deeply as I moved through the brisk air. The middle of August seemed to provide the freshest air and I could't seem to get enough in my lungs.

I pulled out my phone and sent a quick text to Harry, letting him know I would be home soon. He called me this morning before I left for work and told me he'd meet me at my place when I got off of work. Just seeing his name on my phone made my heart clench, and I hated myself for it. I feel like we have been doing more than "hanging out" lately but I have no idea where our relationship stands. We started going out on, what I would call dates, a few months ago and have shared a few harmless kisses, but I might just be reading into completely wrong. Harry would treat a complete stranger the way he was treating me and I can't help but think I may be way more invested into this relationship than he is. We've gotten to the point where we both have keys to each others places, and I've caught him on more than one occasion in my shower when I've gotten home from work. A part of me wishes I could just shut off my brain and climb in there with him and let the pieces fall where they may, but as much as I want a more serious relationship with Harry I am way too afraid to risk ruining what we have.

I got to my apartment building and walked in, taking the stairs two at a time, anxious to get inside. I was fiddling in my pocket for my keys when I got up to my door so I didn't immediately notice the sticky note stuck right below the peep hole.

While watching the telly this morning it came to my attention that this would

be the last pleasant day of fall that we get. I feel we must commemorate

appropriately. Meet me at Porter's park as soon as you read this.

Please! xx. And bring a blanket!

I laughed to myself and snagged the note off the door, heading inside. I quickly discarded of my work bag and grabbed a quilt that was lying on the couch before heading back out the door.

Porter's park was about a two minute walk from my apartment. Harry and I had spent many days down here, especially when it was warmer. We always liked to come down here and feed the ducks. The days would usually end with us lying on the grass while I tried to read a book as Harry slept on me. I pulled my scarf tighter around me when I arrived at the park, and looked around for a familiar pair of lanky legs and curls. I spotted him not too far off, sitting on a park bench in his thick brown coat and Packers beanie. He was looking down at his hands that were rested on his knees and he seemed to be focused on something. There was also something sitting on the bench next to him, but I couldn't quite tell what it was.

I walked up quietly behind the bench hoping to surprise him. Even though I thought the crunch of the leaves would definitely give me away he didn't seem to hear. I got up behind him and leaned down, placing a soft kiss to his cheek. His skin was warm, and by the feel of it, slightly unshaven. He jumped slightly at my touch and turned his head. He look taken aback and a bit distracted, but that look soon disappeared as my favorite smile took up his face.

"It's about time you got here."

I blew air out of my mouth and moved around the bench, taking a seat next to him.

" I know, I know. My shift ended a bit late today because one of the employee's wife went into labor and I had to pick up his shift."

He hummed and put his arm around my shoulder, scooting closer to me. Even through my coat I could feel the heat radiating off his skin and I could feel my face flush. I tried to play it off by adjusting my scarf.