Happiest Place in the World

“It’s so nice out today.” Harry sighed leaning back in his chair and locking his hands behind his head.  It was our third day at Disneyland and we were sitting at a little cafe on Main Street eating Mickey shaped icecream bars.  

I nodded in agreement studying the park map deciding where we should go next.  We had already been to most of the areas in the park, and I was in the mood for something a little more intense that the teacups.  I suddenly remembered the park across the street and the tower of terror sounded perfect.  

I ate the rest of my icecream and looked up to see my lanky husband  sprawled contently in the seat across from me, the sun warming his already tan skin.  I smiled at him lazily, starting to feel guilty knowing I was about to slightly ruin his moment. Harry in not the one for fas or high rides, and I was unfortunate enough to find that out the hard way.  When we first started dating we went to a local fair and I begged and pleaded for him to go on the ferris wheel  with me.  After some convincing that consisted of tugging him all the way there and kissing him every few steps I finally got him on the ride.  When we got to the top he clung to me so tightly I had his hand prints on my arms for a few moments after.  While I was fascinated with the view of being on top of the world, I couldn’t get Harry to open his eyes.  I’m now glad he didn’t because I know the outcome wouldn’t have been pretty.  As soon as we got of the ride he sprinted to the nearest trash bin and threw up the Mexican food we had eaten earlier.   Since that day I knew I could handle in sickness and in health.

I leaned across the table and wiped the remnants of the ice cream off the corner of his mouth.  He opened his eyes slowly and gave me his beautiful lopsided grin.

I smiled back and then leaned in to kiss his full lips.

“Have a nice  nap? You know, maybe we should move here so you can play sleeping beauty.” I chuckled admiring his groggy state.

He shook his head playfully and ran his fingers through his hair. “Well if the singing thing doesn’t work out I’m sure to get the part with these locks.”

I pulled my camera out from my bag and pointed it at him. “Smile.”

He smiled cheekily back at me, both dimples popping, but as soon as I clicked the button he pulled a face.

“Harry, you dork!” I laughed when the picture loaded.

“So where are we off to next, princess?” he asked leaning towards me.

I looked down not wanting to meet his eyes when I asked.

“Well I figured since we haven’t been over to the other park we could head over there.”

“Sounds good to me, what do you want to do over there?”

“Tower of Terror.” It came out rushed and I looked up at him bashfully from underneath my eyelashes.  What I saw was the reaction I was expecting.  

He was grimacing and biting lower lip, his eyes slowly coming up to meet mine.

I kept eye contact as I stuck out my bottom lip in a pout and batted my eyelashes, which finally broke him.  He exhaled slowly his expression softening, turning into grin.

“Alright.”

“Yes!”

“But, only if you don’t make fun of me and promise to hold my hand the whole time.”

“Promise.”I smiled and stuck my pinky out childishly waiting for him to do the same, but he decided to seal it with something else.

He cupped his warm, rough hand around the back of my hand and pulled me into him.  The kiss lingered, and as it deepened I could feel his eyelashes tickling my cheek bones.  A few moments later and I remembered we were in a park full of children and pulled away.