Kisses & Roses

“I love you.” Harry whispered, his nose tracing down along my jaw and placing a kiss at the base of my throat.  I had lost count of how many times he had told me that tonight, but I knew I would never get tired of hearing it. We had been dating now for nearly a year and half and tonight we were celebrating our anniversary.  I still remember our first date like it was yesterday. We were both so nervous and slightly awkward and we had gone out to a pretty fancy restaurant. The waitress serving us was new and quite frazzled, but long story short I got soup spilled down my shirt and Harry got a pile of spaghetti in his lap. Lucky for us it  created conversation for the rest of the night and we weren’t mortified enough to not see each other again.   Harry had surprised me by taking me out to that same restaurant  and reserving a whole section of the restaurant just for us.  That waitress no longer worked there but we played it safe and didn’t order the soup or spaghetti. We had both dressed our best and dinner was so nice that I insisted that we make the rest of the night casual, so we stopped at a shopping mart on the way home and bought a carton of our favorite ice cream which was currently ‘mint chocolate chip’.  

We were now back at my house wrapped in each other and a blanket in front of the fireplace.  His long fingers were tracing up and down my arms leaving a trail of goosebumps.

I laughed and kissed his jaw “I love you more.”  

“Is that so?” Well I hate to inform you that that’s absolutely impossible.”  he smirked at me playfully and squeezed my waist.  

“Harry stop!” I squirmed in his arms and laughed trying to move away so he couldn’t tickle me. He wrapped his arms tighter around my stomach and continued to tickle my sides.  My cheeks were hurting from laughing so hard and Harry was laughing as well.  

He pulled me back against his chest so his lips were next to my ear. “Only if you agree I love you more.” he whispered.  

I turned my head and pecked his lips “Never.”

He raised his eyebrows at me, a smile tugging at his lips.  I thought he was going to start tickling me again until he moved me so I was sitting next to him and put his arm around my shoulders.  “I guess I’ll be merciful tonight since it’s our anniversary.”  He took one of my hands in his large ones and started playing with my fingers.  

“Such beautiful hands.” he breathed, bringing them up to his lips.  He tenderly kissed each of on my fingers lingering the longest on my ring finger.

“Thank you for tonight Harry, It was perfect.” He turned and looked at me and my breath caught in my throat as his eyes locked with mine.  He was absolutely beautiful and he was all mine.

“Anything for you beautiful.”  His minty breath fanned across my face as he leaned into leaving our lips only centimeters apart.  His lips brushed mine as I spoke.

“Well almost perfect.  You did eat most of the ice cream.”

His face lit up into a smile so his dimples were popping.  He was still close enough I could nearly feel his eyelashes on my cheek. “Oh really?” He poked my side causing me to jump.  We were not starting this again.  I grabbed his hand and straddled him so he was on his back. He laughed in surprise as I pinned his hands above his head.  

I grinned releasing his hands and placing them on his shoulders. “I win.”

His warm, calloused hands pushed my dress further up my thighs causing me to shiver. “I suppose you do.”

His eyes shone as the scanned my face, then down to my chest, all the way down to where his hands were resting on my legs.  

I suddenly felt self-conscious and could feel the heat rushing into my cheeks.  His gaze made me feel completely exposed, like he could see everything about me all at once.