Chapter 25

"If I have to hear one more Spanish word, I'm going to fucking kill someone!" I groaned as I smashed my head down into my Spanish book.

Exams were getting close and I had been studying for dear life all week, but it was starting to get on my nerves. Especially with my birthday being on this very day. Not that I intended on celebrating it, but I didn't intend on studying all day either.

Kellin, who was sitting beside me, chuckled and patted my hand, making me look up at him. "Let's take a break. Have a coffee somewhere. My treat." He suggested with a wink.

I smiled a little and nodded. "You will have to drag me there though."

"I wouldn't have to if you would stop pulling all-nighters trying to get this crap into your head. Since when do you care so much about learning Spanish anyways? You only have to pass the exam, you don't have to ace it."

I yawned and snapped my book shut. "It's just... whatever." I muttered. It was a simple fact that I was actually failing Spanish class. But my goal, more or less, was to try and impress Vic. Hearing myself think it sounded ridiculous, but it was the truth. I did want to impress him... somehow.

Kellin grabbed both of our books and stuffed them in his bag. "Well come on then, Chels." He muttered with a smile as he grabbed my hand and started dragging me down the school halls and outside. I liked having Kellin around. He was a good kid. And very supportive of my 'Vic problems' since they were basically best friends and all.

"Hey, where are you two off to?" Speak of the devil and he shall appear. "Are you finally done studying?" Vic asked, mostly directed at me.

"Am I ever?" I pointed out in a sour tone.

He chuckled a little and shrugged. "Will you be back on campus later?"

I frowned questioningly. "Eh, I guess. It's the middle of the week, so- Why?"

No answer. Just a shrug. Well that wasn't helpful.

"Oh my god." I suddenly heard an unfamiliar voice call out, getting closer as every word was dragged out in a dramatic tone.

I turned to see whom it was, and found a slightly shabby looking guy in ripped skinny jeans, a red flannel shirt and more tattoos than skin coming our way with a huge smile on his face. "Ya look even more gorgeous for real than you do in the photos." He said, his voice laced with a heavy British accent.

"Your boyfriend?" I muttered to Kellin below my breath.

He snorted and wildly shook his head. "Never seen the guy in my life."

I then lazily pointed at myself, really not sure of whom the guy was talking about or what he wanted. I had honestly never seen him before in my life either.

"Yes you, love!" He exclaimed, as if it had been obvious all this time. He came closer and pulled me into a tight hug. "Happy birthday, love." He whispered into my ear.

Who the hell was this guy and how did he know that it was my birthday?

This was very confusing.

"Aren't you going to wish me a happy birthday too?" He then asked as he pulled away, still keeping his hands on my shoulders. I glanced over at Kellin with a questioning look on my face. He just shrugged unknowingly. What the heck was going on?

"You have no idea who I am, do you?"

I looked back at the guy and shook my head. "Nope- no clue."

"Well then, let's go to your place, love. It will explain everything, I promise." He grabbed onto my hand and started pulling me to the parking lot. I looked back for a moment, noticing both Kellin and Vic watching me being pulled away with the most dumbfounded looks on their faces that I had ever seen. One thing was clear to me; this definitely wasn't their doing.