dancin away with my heart

note: compensate for my last update, it's hard to write or even think things like that when your OTP's are the characters

***

Growing up in a small province means, everyone knows everyone.

He was that brooding kind of boy to me back then, maybe because he's new and he's always alone  , that made me curious about him, but they say curiosity kills the cat, so I'd never made a move to talk to him.

I was walking on my home , when I saw him alone in the park, sitting on the swing, I think my feet have a mind on his own cause I just find myself beside him. He looked at me, and I was capivated by that pool of warm brown eyes that seems like drowning me. A snickered from him made me look at the other way, but that made me think that this is my chance to know him and maybe be his friend. I told him that I wanna be his friend but he just stood up and walk away. But it didn't made me stop I followed, trying to make smalll conversations, even he wouldn't talk to me. We we're almost at his house so I said my goodbye, and told him I'll see him tomorrow.

Instead of being with my friends, I was trying to befriend him, I even went to his house everyday, its a good thing that his grandfather told him to entertain me, we would stay at their huge back yard, but he would just be on the swing  reading a book, it's a good thing he has a bike so I borrowed instead of doing nothing, its quite big for me, I was just turning it around I lost control , I thought I would fall down,but a pair of arms was holding. I was shocked but somehow happy cause I know he cares, I thanked him, but he told me stop bothering me. I was hurt so I ran away.

It was three days after that incident, I was hoping that he would approach me and apologize, then after that we would be friends. Maybe he's right I should stop it. So I was surprised to see him infront of our house, I was planning to ignore him, but my mom told him that he's been waiting for three hours already, she was trying to let him in but he wouldn't budge, I ent outside again and he's still there, I told him to follow me, and we stopped at a lake at the back of our house, I continued walking until I reached the end of the dock then I sat there, he did the same. He let out a heavy sigh then gave me the tulips he's holding, it's my favorite flower, then he apologized for what he did and told me that he's having a hard time trusting someone that's why he ignores me, I understand that, but he wanted to be my friend too. Well I was just waiting for him to accept it. Before that  day ended we became friends. He promised that he would be my savior and protector and I just smiled at him.

Well he did  what he promised to me, having a boy best friend made me the topic of others,  I was even bullied, I didn't say it to him, but he found out. From that day I knew that I found someone who'll never leave me.

And he never did even when we're already in highschool, when it would be awkward for him to have me as his bestfriend, we're almost inseparable. He became the school's heartthrob too, with his looks and brains, earned him some fangirls but well he's a snob to others so he just ignores them, told me who needs them when he got me, he made blushed by that.

He's my escort for our prom,and it was a night to remember, before the night ended, he brought me to our haven, which is the lake where we became friends, he made me sit on the bench that we made years ago, then he got the guitar and started playing my favorite song, Let's stay together (Maroon 5), after that he started reminiscing on our memories together, I was clueless to why, then be confessed that he's been harboring his feelings for me for a year now, asked me if he could court me, I said yes to him.

It's just only a  month away before our graduation,  we're hanging out the lake,  when he asked me where I would be going to college, I've been dreading this day, cause I don't know how tell him that my application for  has been granted. So I told him I'm still thinking about it.

We're supposed to go out that Saturday when he cancelled saying he's gonna do something important, but I was surprised when I saw him at the mall and he's with someone and from the looks of it he's enjoying, why did he have to lie to me?

I confronted him and he just told me to stop bothering him, asked what about what he confessed and what he told me that he's just trying it out with me. That made me so hurt. How could he do this to me?

Graduation day was the last time I saw him.

_____________________________________

Five years has passed and here I am again on our hometown, I was just visiting our old house, getting some of my stuff before putting it out on the market.

I would be staying for a week and after that I'm going back to US again where I am permanently staying, its a good thing that my mom already arrange some of our stuff already lessen my work. For a week that's what I've done and I finished earlier than planned. I already put up the sign in front of our house the next day.

I decided to visit the lake before getting inside, but as I was nearing the lake I saw someone familiar it was him, his back to me. I was already walking away when I heard him calling me, but of course I ignored him and continued walking, he followed and even stopped me, then hugging me, I tried to break from him, he did let go after too much restraining from me, and I slapped him after that. He was too stunned to follow me again.

Damn him.

I was just waiting for my friend to fetch me, she would be the one to drop me off at the airport, told her to go here earlier than planned don't wanna give that jerk to have a chnace to talk me, he has tbe guts to face me after what he've done to me!. He even tried to talk to me again and stopping me from going away. I don't need his explanation.

______________________________________

It wal almost a month after that incident with him, and I'm here again at the Philippines to meet the buyer of our house, I told him that I would meet him at a restaurant in Manila, don't wanna risk a chance for that jerk to see him again.

But I was shocked to see him, told me he's the one buying it, well I can try to be civil with him. And I'm glad he didn't try opening up the past again.

I'm going back to US again, already at the airport waiting just waiting. When I heard that song blasting from the speakers in the airport and that familiar voice.

Why is he doing this?

'I know you're wondering why I'm doing this ,chasing you, and this might be a crazy idea but I couldn't let you go again, I'm a jerk for breaking my promise to you years ago, but I'm here trying to make things right. Remember that day when I asked you about where you're going for college I already know that you've got accepted to your dream university, I'm so damn proud of you, but you instead of telling it to me, you lied, and it made me think that maybe I'm the one who's holding you back for reaching your dreams I don't want that, so I made you believe that I was just playing with you, but all that time it so hard for me, and after all these years I'm still damn in love with you, can you please forgive me and give us a chance '

He's almost near me, with my tear- stained face I went to him and kissed him making him feel my love.

And in this day we're happily spending our lives together.

***
I'll try to update every Thursday :)