Ch. 5

"So you thought you can leave me that easily? Make a run somewhere else and think I wouldn't find you"? I hear Michelle say.

(Gwendolyn's POV)

"Just leave me alone okay if you want an apology then I'll apologize". "But just leave us alone". I say keeping my grip on the chair. It's like the injection they gave me, made me super weak.

"Oh dear if I wanted an apology I would have gotten one in the beginning when I first had you brought in here, Ms. Brown trust me". She says standing right in front of me.

"Then why are you bothering me and my daughter"? "What do you want from me"? I say looking up at her.

"I want you Ms. Brown, I want you to be mine". "I want you to come back and work here where I can keep a close I on you". "I want you to jump on board with everything going on". "Make your life a lot easier for your daughter". Michelle said.

"I'm never gonna be yours, and I'm never gonna work here for you or anyone else at this place. "You kidnap me and threaten to hurt my child. Your nothing but a monster! And I'll never be with someone like you"! I yell at her.

Then she took a grip of the chair I was holding and snatched it from under me then threw it across the room. I fell to the ground. She kneels in front of me. She lifts my head to look her in the eyes.

"If you don't be with me or try to work somewhere else, life is going to be hell for you". She says looking into my eyes.

"Oh and If you're not here tomorrow then I'll personally come to where you live". She says getting up to leave.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

After the man that injected me brought me home, I was able to walk. I cooked us some broken up beef and some canned green beans. Then I went to pick up A'nyia from the bus stop.

When I got there A'nyia was just getting off the bus.

"Mommy"! She yelled running up to me giving me a hug.

"How was school baby"? Did you have fun? I asked her as we walked up the stairs and into the apartment.

Yeah, look what I made in art class. My teacher said I did an outstanding job. She says smiling from ear to ear.

I look at the picture and it was beautiful it was a drawing of an eagle. It wasn't as good as a professional would make but it was better than any first grader can do that's for sure.

Baby this is beautiful, you're a very talented artist. I say smiling at her.

I would like for mommy to buy you an art kit and a sketchbook. I say.

No mommy it's okay I can wait till later she says.

Okay, baby just let me know if you want me to see any more of your beautiful pictures.