Ch. 11

David's POV

Gwendolyn and Niya has been staying with me for the past few weeks, but I'm starting to regret my decision. Ever since I let them say here for safety from Michelle things have taken a turn for the worst.

First I lost my job at the bank I worked at, then I've been pulled over on multiple occasions. My car has been repossessed nine times. All of my cards have declined, I'm just glad my mother has told me to always keep cash on the side. For rainy day only of course, and these days have been a shit storm.

I don't want to kick Gwendolyn out but she has to go, so I can get my life back on track. Of course I won't just leave her high and dry. I've made a plan to keep her and Niya safe. Now it's time to tell her. I nod thinking to myself.

Gwen can I speak to you on the back porch please? I ask her in a calming voice as to not worry Niya.

Sure just give me a minute to find my shoes, and put in cartoons for A'niya. She says showing me that beautiful smile.

I walk into the porch starting to consider rethinking the choice I'm about to make, but I can't afford to keep trying to care for them.

Gwendolyn's POV

Okay so what did you....? I stop in my tracks when I see the look on David's face.

Is everything okay? Honey you don't look so well right now. I say rubbing his forearm.

I'm fine Gwen, I just need to get this over with. He says while snatching his arm back like I just burn him.

Get what over with David, did I do something wrong? I ask becoming concerned.

No Gwen you did nothing wrong.... god this is supposed to be easy. He complains but try's to keep calm.

I want you and Niya to leave. He just comes out with it, which makes me freeze and my breathing becomes uneven.

Leave? I don't... David is it something I did because I can make it up to you. I say trying to figure where all of this is coming from.

Then it hit me hard in the face. David has been really distant for the past two weeks. I've always asked if he wanted to talk about it, but the answer was always "I'm fine" or "Don't worry about it Gwen". I look down feeling sick to my stomach.

You haven't done anything wrong Gwen. It's Michelle, she clearly will do anything just to make sure she is the only person you have left in your life. And I..... fuck I can't do this anymore. He says taking a deep breath while scratching the back of his head.

Where are we supposed to go? David what am I supposed to do? I yell questioning him.

I've already thought of that. I have a friend in Florida who's rarely home. She has a nice little one bedroom house out on the end of her town, and she's offering to let you live there for only fifty dollars a month. He says trying to explain himself but I'm not having any of it.

Shaking my head, while raising my hands for him to stop talking. Huh uh no, we don't even know this lady. I try to yell over him getting louder as he speaks.

Gwen this woman is basically letting you live in one of her houses rent free. How can you say no to that. He says walking up to me.

David we don't know her, get that through your thick head. I shout at him.

She's my cousin in law! I know her through my first cousin James, she does real estate so she's never home. He explains shouting at first but quickly calming done.

Look I've arranged for you to stay there. No one will know your there except me and Rosie. He says placing his hand on my shoulder.

How are me and A'niya supposed to get there? I don't even have a car. I huff out letting a tear roll down my cheek.

I have that set too, it's a old two door car hand down three times. You have to kick the passenger door just to get it open. It has ac, a working radio, and gets you place to place with no problems. He says reaching into his pocket, then handing over the keys.

I also wanted you to be set for the trip, so I have four hundred dollars in cash for you. It should take you fourteen hours to get there if you don't stop, but I want you to get there in two days tops. He says looking me in the eyes.

You're being selfish David. Why won't you just tell me what's been going on. I say pushing is hand off my shoulder.

Call me selfish all you like, but I have my mind made up. I want you and Niya out of my house tomorrow afternoon. Don't call me when you get there, it's best Michelle doesn't know where you are, because when you leave Gwen she's going to have the world looking for you. I'm sorry but it has to be this way. He says bushing pass me.

I just stare off into the distance as tears roll down my face.

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Thank you all for the support and messages. I'm sorry it took so long but I'm writing this as I go. So when I have an idea for the book I write it down in my "diary". I'll try and push out more chapters by tens or two, but it's going to be scheduled around my work schedule.