Chapter Three: Just Another Mission

Hey, I decided to update this! Birdflash in the media!! It has to be one of the best pieces I have seen! The author of the work did a spectacular job!

Also, I didn't want to change the bat's super hero names, so I left them... Just the bat family, Wally and Roy are assassins in this story, the rest are still the heroes we know. It should make the plot line of the story better. C:< I have plans for this story, huge plans.

Enjoy!

~3~

A small Dick Grayson raced through the tents, a smile on his face as the wind whipped in his ears. He laughed as he ran into his father's strong arms. The boy buried his face into the older acrobat's chest.

John Grayson laughed at the young boy's behavior. "De ce fugi, micul meu Robin?" (Why are you running, my little Robin?) his father asked, looking at his young son. Dick giggled, having taken his head out of his father's chest. "Am vrut să te văd, tati," (I wanted to see you, daddy) Dick replied, smiling up at his father.

A woman walked into the room, sporting the same exact costume as her husband and her son. She smiled when she heard Dick giggling. Mary Grayson walked to her family, crouching down next to them. "Ești gata, Robin?" (Are you ready, Robin?) she asked. Dick smiled at the nickname. "Da, mama," (Yes mama) the little boy answered, but little did he know, that was the last time he spent such a peaceful moment with his family.

Dick looked in awe as his parents flipped around in the air, almost looking as if they were flying. He laughed in joy, watching as his mother flipped through the air and grab onto her father. Dick watched in complete horror as the string of the trapeze snapped, sending his mother and father falling through the air in a non graceful way.

The young soon-to-be master assassin practically flew down the ladder to the ground, running over to his mother's unmoving body. She smiled up at him when he kneeled down next to her.

"Micul meu Robin, sper să fac lucruri mari," (My little Robin, I hope you do great things) the dying Mary Grayson whispered to her son, raising her shaking hand to his pale cheek. Tears slide down Dick's cheeks as his mother's hands fell to the floor, limp.

"Mama, te rog nu pleca. Te rog, nu mă lăsa singur aici!" (Mama, please don't go! Please don't leave me here alone!) the small seven year old pleaded, shaking his mother's body, but it was too late, Mary and John Grayson no longer existed in this world, only the cold, dead remains of what was once a happy family.

At some point, the ringmaster hand come and knelt next to him, rubbing his back as the other acts came onto the utterly odious crime scene. They watched in silent horror as the police were called and they loaded the dead Graysons into their van. All through this, Dick Grayson was sobbing, crying his seven year old heart out as he let go of his mother's cold hands, knowing that it was the last time he would see his mother alive and joyful.

Later that day, Dick Grayson looked at himself in the mirror. His eyes were red and tears stained, his clothes rumpled and dirty. He looked at himself one more time before he punched the mirror, running out of the bathroom and into the small room of the hotel the ringmaster had rented out for him so he could have somewhere to stay while the legal issues were worked out.

Dick let out an a grunt as someone knocked on the door. He waked over to it with a pair of slippers and pajamas on, unlocking it and gaping as he saw who was on the other side. There, stood none other than Bruce Wayne, richest billionaire of Gotham and an infamous master assassin of the name of Batman whom had worked his way up to the title of leader of the Court of Owls by committing some very heinous missions.