Chapter Seven: Love is Hate with Affection

OKAY I'M SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING. HERE HAVE A CHAPTER THAT TOOK FOREVER TO WRITE BECAUSE I COULDN'T THINK OF ANYTHING.

===

When Dick was a small child, he had seen his parents in love and it was one of the most beautiful things he had witnessed. They held so much trust in each other, so much love, and every time Richard saw them together, he would think to himself that's how a marriage is supposed to be like. Yet, here he was, in jail because of his so called husband. He should have never accepted- the Court could take the league of Assassins on any day- and they had.

If only he had fought harder, looked after Kate and... Steph. Lord, he should have realized that Wally had ordered her death. It was so obvious that it was the League's patchwork. He put his head in his hands as he felt tears running down his face. Stephanie was dead because of him. Because he took too long to answer the League of Assassins. Well, the League could not control him any longer. He was going to get out of here and he was going to crush this... this heartbreak before it consumed him. Richard stared at the chains holding him with a determined expression. He was going to get out of this hell, just you wait.

His chance came a few days later, when Wallace was stupid enough to come and visit him in his misery.

"You look horrible," Wally snickered, leaning against the wall. Dick refused to look at him.

"You know, you could just tell me what you know about the Court and I could try to get Ra's to let you out of here." 

Dick simply snorted.

"Ungrateful bastard," Wally murmured, setting Nightwing off.

"The how should I show that I'm grateful for all that you've done?"  Dick spat out as he shakily rose to his feet. "Shall I bend over and beg for you? Or should I beg for my life at Ra's feet?"

Dick paused his rant to spit in Wally's face, angering the assassin.

"Wouldn't you like that, West? To see me like the weak willed whore you portray me as."

"I have never-" Wally started, his short fuse beginning to light. Dick pressed himself against the wall.

"Believe me, I've heard you speak of me as some burden. I am just another mission to you, Wally and I'd much prefer to go back to my family." Grayson spoke with such malice that Wally nearly took a step back- nearly, but he he did not.

"So you believe yourself as just a prisoner?" Wally asked.

"Is it that obvious? Of course I'm a prisoner. I am just someone who's supposed to run around and kill people then run back home and please a heartless assassin. So yes, I am a prisoner in this wretched place." Dick words were filled with malice as he glared Wallace down.

"Very well, you may rot in this cell for all I care," Wally snorted and slammed the door shut on his way out of the cell. Dick smirked. You sure are quite the child, dear.

Tim sighed as he walked through the door to the pub, sitting down at one of the free tables and putting his head into his hands. He could still see Stephanie's body hanging from the tree. She looked so... unreal, gone, a permanent reminder of how he failed. How he failed Steph and how he didn't do anything to save Nightwing. His 'father' had married the man off for power- and he was going to do the same to Tim. Unless Tim had something to say about it. He, unlike Dick, would fight bone and claw until Bruce saw his way.

"What would like hon?" A waiter asked him, startling Tim out of his thoughts. The man in question looked up and gave a faux smile.

"May I see your drink menu?" Tim asked politely, mentally scolding the man for not doing his job properly. The waiter look flustered as he rushed to get Tim a menu. Tim shook his head in what could be perceived as fond-in reality, it was annoyance.

Tim Drake had a horrid day. To begin with, Jason and him had stalked a man for nearly three hours, only to lose him. Then, the bastard had shown his face once more, but this time, he had a girl on his arm, so Tim and Jason could not kill him with killing an unnecessary witness. Even once they back him into a corner, the man drank a poison and killed himself. Thus, Tim was rightfully pissed.

"Here you go, terribly sorry for the trouble-" The waiter started, but was cut short by Tim putting a hand on his forearm and smiling kindly at him.

"It's quite alright," Tim spoke in a nonchalant tone, scanning the menu. After a few seconds of consideration, he choose the margarita. As the waiter walked away with his order, Tim began to calculate a way to swindle out of his soon to be arranged marriage.

After a longer than usual waiting time for his drink, Tim smiled to the man once more as the waiter set the alcoholic beverage down in front of the assassin. Tim took a sip and struggled to maintain his neutral face for the beverage was near undrinkable. The young assassin had drunk way more tasteful margaritas.

A new man, with a Hercules complexion walked over after Tim sat by himself for nearly thirty minutes. Tim mentally prepared for the worst pickup line this man was going to utter.

"Hello beautiful, I've been studying the book of numbers, but it's a shame that I don't have yours," The man spoke, a confident smirk on his face. Tim's eye brows subconsciously rose. Okay, that was one of the best ones he had heard.

"Ah, so you like books, have you ever read the one called Stop Trying to Sleep with Me?" Tim shot back, smirking back at the man. The man, Conner Kent, pulled his head back before regaining his senses.

"The sequel was so much better though," Conner winned. Tim set his chin on his hand and gave the dark haired Hercules a small smile.

"Oh really, what's it called?"

"I thought that you've heard of it, it's called You're too Pretty to Ignore."

Tim could feel a blush beginning to adorn his cheeks. This man had some of the best pickup lines he had heard. Maybe he could allow himself to let go this one time.

"Tim Drake," the Court member spoke, holding out his free hand so that Conner could shake it. Conner gave Tim a genuine smile before grabbing Tim's hand, turning it 90 degrees counterclockwise and placing a kiss on the knuckles.

"Conner Kent."

Tim was definitely blushing at this point.

"Woah, I've actually met someone with proper manners," Tim said as he took a sip of his drink.

"I figured I might as well let you know the name you're going to be screaming later."

Tim nearly spit out his drink. Damn, this Conner was really good at this.

"Really? How would you know that I will go home with you?" Tim shot back, seriously beginning to consider going home with this man.

"Because you're still talking to me, gorgeous."

Looks like the Court could have one night without Timothy Drake.  

===

BYE

~Dani