Chapter Six: Liar, Liar

@Creepypasta_4_life This is for you! Happy early birthday! I hope you enjoy and you have another update coming your way in a few days ;).

In other news: KICK ROLANDO'S ASS BALE!

Enjoy!

~_~

Son of a bitch.

Nightwing groaned to himself as he hid behind a corner, bullets ricocheting off the edge, barely missing his limbs. Dick sighed to himself and pulled out his gun, checking to see if it had all of its bullets.

Dammit.

Only two of the original six bullets remained in the magazine of his glock. Dick pulled the slide back and cursed his husband for refusing to let him complete his missions solo. Though something was off about the speedster.

Speak of the devil.

Aforementioned speedster took out a multitude of men in a matter of seconds, serving to only add to Richard's annoyance. He dropped his gun in favor of unsheathing one of his katanas. A part of his head kept incessantly reminding him to not pour all his trust into one man, as it would be useless to squander all one's trust away on one person. Richard pushed that bit of his mind to the back and returned to the fight.

Just his luck, the soldiers had the same garish outfits and prosaic fighting style as the last ten or twelve. Really, was that the only way they knew? If it was, Dick thought to himself, then they put themselves in great peril. I need to fight  something that proves more travail in order to actually, as Americans put it, 'give me a run for my money.' Not that I need to do that anyway, I have plenty already.

A body flew over the top of Nightwing's head, forcing him out of his thoughts.

"Could you stop being so aloof and aid me kill these men?" Wally called from halfway across the roof. Dick looked up from his thoughts, only giving a nod in response before hurrying over to help. 

=_=

"Where was your head back there?" Wally hissed as he closed the door to their quarters. Dick still looked aloof, lost in his thoughts.

"I was thinking," Dick replied ambiguously, taking the sheaths where his katannas resided off and setting them on the dresser.

"You mind not being so vague and explaining why you were such a nonentity in the first half of the battle?"  Wallace questioned. Dick shrugged and walked over to the bed, not willing to pour his trust into this man.

"I have a feeling of premonition," Dick falsely confessed, staring  the bed to make it seem as if he was pondering the questions of the universe. He supposed it worked as his 'husband' came up behind him and he felt arms around his waist.

"Where is the source of this feeling, hmm?" Wally asked, resting his neck on the jet haired assassin's soldier.

"From you," Dick casually replied, pretending not to notice the way Wallace froze up instantly at his fake confession. He's hiding something, a voice in his head sing-songed.

"Don't scrutinize me so much," Wally insisted, backing away from the man and swiftly leaving the room.

Oh, I wasn't scrutinizing you, Wallace, but if you insist... I guess I could really start to scrutinize you. With that, Dick stripped of his suit and fell into bed like a log, his body aching from the bullets that had ricocheted off of his armor. He didn't know of the betrayal that awaited him.

Wally made his way quickly to the quarters of Ra's al Ghul, his posthaste pace signaling urgency. Without knocking, he flung the door open, rushing in and spoke four words, "He's onto our plan."

Ra's Al Ghul stared at his right hand man for a split second before raising his hand, signaling the assassins in the room to leap into action, which in this case, was to take Nightwing into the holding cells.

Dick startled awake as soon as the door slammed open. He jumped out of bed in his loose sweatpants and dove for his sword, only for someone to catch him. Who was that someone? It was none other than a one Wallace Rudolph West, the bastard. Nightwing glared at Wally with a betrayed expression, his blue eyes wide and his lips drawn into a horrible snarl.  Then, he promptly kicked Wally right in the family jewels, making aforementioned assassin let go of the Talon.

A knock on the back of his head brought him to his knees in pain and another sent his world to black. Wally simply stared at the limp form of his husband and nodded to the rest of the assassins in the room to lock him up. 

Wally knelt between Dick's knees, clasping the latter's chain bound hands. "Look, how about we start over. Just you and me and a small house, far far away from here," Wally suggested, looking up into Dick's tired eyes. After a few short moments, a small smile broke into Dick's face and he nodded in agreement.

Wally smiled back and grabbed the chains rattling them at super speed so that they would fall off of his husband's wrists. Dick fell into Wally's arms as soon as he was freed of the wretched chains. The redhead speedster gently gathered up the Talon in his arms and quickly bolted from the base, instructing Dick to tuck in his head so he would not get whiplash.

He stopped once they were quite far from Nanda Parbat. Wally lowered the Talon to the ground. He placed his hands on the other assassin's waist. "So, where to?" Dick asked, "It's kinda been a long time since I've had a normal life."

Wally shrugged in response, leaning down to kiss the jet haired male. 

You shouldn't have trusted him.

~_~

Okay, you have your update, now I have a Wales v Portugal games to get back to! Bye!

~Dani