Chapter Five: Of Rivals and Fake Lovers

Okay, so I reached 200 followers and I just cannot believe it. To make it up to you, I decided that my math homework could wait and that my readers cannot!

So here, have another chapter! :3

~~~

"Only enemies speak the truth; friends and lovers lie endlessly, caught in the web of duty."

~~~

Dick yawned as he opened his eyes to the morning sunlight.  A truly peaceful morning, up until Nightwing noticed the small file lying on the floor in front of the window. He sighed as he got up and walked towards the window. Dick picked up the file, expecting to see some sort of long file with information on his next target, but all he found a small piece of paper with the words: R.A. Gang gun at randevu location. Kill Tyler Quelle with single bullet, drop gun on roof and run. Don't let Flash see you.

The experienced assassin looked at the paper again, rereading the messily scribbled words again, not believing his eyes the first time he read it. Bruce wanted him to fake a mafia killing? That's a first.

Wally began to stir and Dick quickly shut the envelope and threw it into his open duffle bag. He quickly scurried to the bathroom and closed the door softly. He faked flushing the toilet and opened the sink, washing his hands for no other reason than to cover up the file that was hiding in his bag. The League quite liked the R.A. gang because they had a mutual agreement to stay away from each other's turf. Dick felt himself snort. Those pesky hitmen were nothing compared to the raw power of the Court of Owls.

Dick let his thoughts escape him as he walked out of the door to find Wally sitting up on the bed with a confused look on his face. To Dick, the guy kinda looked like a lost dog. He stalked over to the bed and laid down facing Wally. Said speedster looked down at him for a second before the same red-head from last night burst into the room.

"Wally, we got a target," the redhead, who happened to be called Arsenal by the League, rushed out. Like a bullet, Wally shot out of bed, grabbed a yellow duffle bag and went into the bathroom. Dick tilted his head to the side and looked at Arsenal, a man whose true name was Roy Harper. Roy stared right back and opened his mouth.

"I always expected Nightwing to be more fierce," Roy said, gaining the glare of the aforementioned assassin. Dick sat up and sent the man a 'really?' look.

"For an servant of Ra's Al Ghul, you are surprisingly dense," Dick commented, pushing the comforter off of his lithe body and stood up, head towards his dresser. "An assassin does not have to be fierce. All the matters is said assassin's mental ability and their ableness to hide evidence so that no one could ever find out it was them. You on the other hand, are quite narrow minded. I'm surprised that Al Ghul let you into the League with such a miniscule brain."

"You sure are a little bitch," Roy growled, stalking towards Dick and spinning the assassin around. Dick's eyes widened in disbelief for a second before narrowing into slits. He grabbed one of Roy's knifes and pinned Arsenal against the wall, the knife cutting into the redhead's neck just slightly.

"Think about what you call me, Arsenal, I'm not known for my patience," Dick snarled before he backed away and dropped the knife on the ground next to  Roy's feet. Then, Dick picked up his duffle bag and walked right out of the door, not saying another word to the two other men in the room.

Dick walked right out of Nanda Parbat and started hiking to the nearest city, which was at least ten miles away. It's not like Dick had a problem with walking anyway.

~-~

When Dick finally killed the man, he ran for his life. The R.A. Gang was not one to be messed with, even by someone of his skill. Nightwing finally took a breath after he was at least four miles away fromt the new crime scene.