Part Five

Team Natsu woke up early in the morning, and decided to see Lucy off.

Lucy was surprised at the gesture.

Tears rolls down her face, seeing her dearest nakama bidding her farewell.

"It's weird. I somehow feel both happy and sad at the same time." She laughed

"What do you mean sad and happy, at the same time?" Gray asked, sounding confused.

"Well, happy that you guys are giving me the blessing to go by myself..." Lucy paused and looked at all them while smiling.

"And sad at the same time, cause you're all here and it's making it harder for me to leave." She added then chuckled.

"Then stay." Natsu spoke up, which made everyone turn to him since he was silent the whole time.

Lucy shook her head and tears still falling down her face.

"I seriously wish I could... I'm sorry..." She choked, as her heart broke in two, when she saw Natsu looked away from her.

"It's fine, Lucy. Just make sure you come back." Erza said enthusiastically, as she glanced briefly on Natsu's direction then turned towards Lucy while smiling.

"I will..." Lucy says softly, looking at the ground.

"I'll miss you Lu-shee!" Happy cried, flying towards Lucy's chest.

"I'll miss you too, Happy! In fact, I'll miss you all!" Lucy cried, loudly.

Everyone was shaking and in tears, even Erza.

They all bid their final goodbye and left one by one, giving the celestial mage a hug, before leaving.

Natsu was the last person that stayed behind.

"We'll give you some time." Erza uttered with concern.

They all finally left, and Natsu was just there standing not even looking at her in the eyes.

The silence was making Lucy deafened.

Natsu finally moved and walked slowly towards her then wrapped his arms around her waist.

Lucy was stunned for a moment, and when she got her senses back, she responded to the hug.

They released each other from their hug.

Lucy says her final farewell and slowly turned around.

Five steps away from the train.

Knowing that Natsu will hear, she whispers...

"I'll come home when I'm ready. I promise."

Before she even had the chance to final step on the door, Natsu caught up to her and hugged her from behind.

His arms locked on her waist.

Lucy was caught by surprise and she froze in her position, then relaxed.

"Keep your promise." Natsu whispered in her ears, tightening his grasp on her waist.

He released her from his hug and just held her left hand.

"Will do." she responded softly, not looking back.

He held her hand lightly.

It was breaking away from his grasp, slowly.

Until there's finally none.

He stood there alone, silently, as he watched the train leaving.

"Make sure you come home when you're ready, Lucy."

=========

Next Chapter: Reminiscing