Part Twelve

"Natsu, I'm not going anywhere. You can let go now." Lucy stated softly, and felt blood rushed to her face, as she just stared at their tangled hands.

Natsu didn't look back and just shook his head, like a little kid.

Silence.

He stopped walking and turned to look at her, then flashed her his wide toothy grin.

'I certainly missed that.' Lucy thought silently and smiled at him.

She sighed in defeat, and shook her head in amusement, then they continued walking.

Lucy followed Natsu's lead, and they stopped in front of an inn.

Natsu went in first and told her to stay just right outside a room, for a while.

She nods in understanding.

Natsu opened a wooden door, and was greeted by a very angry neko and a scarlet monster.

"Ano... Natsu-san, we were looking all over for you." Wendy spoke with concern.

"Natsu, you left me! I was so worried, so I told Erza what happened!" Happy exclaimed, furiously.

"Natsu! Where were you? We were worried sick!" Erza cried, angrily.

Gray just smirked at him.

Instead of being scared, Natsu only showed them a bright smile and said "I brought a gift!"

They all froze as they saw him smile, even Gray.

It was the first time in years!

So, they decided to let it go.

"Is it a cake? Oh Natsu, you shouldn't have!" Erza smiled, dreamily.

"Is it a fish?" Happy asked, drooling.

Natsu shook his head and says, "Nope. What I have, is way better!"

He dragged a cloaked figure from outside their room, and placed his right arm on the stranger's shoulder.

"Uh, Natsu? How's a stranger better than a fish?" Happy complained.

The stranger slowly lifted the hood that covers her face and revealed her identity.

They saw a girl, who has a thigh-length golden hair, smiling sweetly at them.

They all froze in place.

"Lucy-san?" Wendy whispered in disbelief

"Lucy?" Erza and Gray uttered in complete shock.

"Lu-shee?" the blue neko questioned while shaking, tears streaming from his eyes.

"Tadaima, minna!" Lucy cheered, smiling serenely at them.

"Okaeri!" They all jumped at her and sobbed, crashing her to the ground.

She turned to see Natsu staring intently at her, and when their eyes made contact, he slowly gave her a wide toothy grin.

-Next morning-

Natsu woke up early, only to find Lucy missing.

He looked around and followed her scent, which led him to the nearby forest.

He saw Lucy sleeping soundly on a tree branch, her leg hanging.

He scrutinized her for a moment.

'She didn't really change that much, did she? I ain't sensing much power from her at all.' he thought.

"Oi Natsu, it's been awhile!" someone greeted from behind him.

"Loke? How did you manage to get out without being summoned?" Natsu asked curiously.