Part Eleven

"It's been a long time..." Lucy spoke up looking sternly at him.

The person she was talking to stood frozen and remained speechless.

She turned to see the man, she shared many cherished moments with.

The man who showed her what family meant.

The person she entrusted her back to, so many times.

The partner she bid farewell, years ago.

The person who was willing to protect her without any second thoughts.

That person, she was willing to whisk years away than to see him eternally gone.

"Natsu..." Lucy called, softly.

"We finally meet again..." she added slowly.

Natsu was silently watching her move and talk, like what his dreams would usually do to confuse his mind.

"Hey, how are you?" Lucy smiled nervously, as her best friend is still frozen on the spot and not responding to her call.

He couldn't take his eyes off of her, afraid that if he blinked, that she might disappear with the wind.

"I was just passing by the city, before heading home..." she paused and looked up as rain touched her skin.

"I-I missed home already." she continued softly and innocently, closing her eyes.

Droplets from the rain landed on their skins, delicately, and both were enveloped in a comfortable silence.

He just stared at her, still doubtful that she's real.

So many what ifs were going on the dragon slayer's mind.

'What if this isn't real?'

'What if I lose sight of her, when I closed my eyes?'

'What if I'm just hallucinating, again?' He thought continuously on his head.

"Natsu? Are you okay?" Lucy asked, sounding extremely concerned.

'This dream looks so real and it hurts. Have I already reached my limit? Am I this desperate to see her? The similarities are just too much. The rich golden hair, the guild mark embedded on the back of her hand, her scent, and everything else.' he thought silently, tightening his fist.

He can't be wrong.

The striking resemblance. It's not resemblance, it's the same.

It was the same girl he has always protected, he laughed and cry with.

His nakama.

Tightening his fist and clenching his jaw, he tried to calm himself down, and kept the questions to himself.

He kept denying the existence of the woman in front of him, just so that he can still continue to hold back the tears, threatening to spill.

The tears he was holding back, for far too long.

His imaginations were driving him to the edge, and he wouldn't allow that.

Not until, he sees the real precious nakama he's been waiting for, for years.

Lucy noticed him shaking.

"Natsu? Are you cold? You can borrow my cloak, if you want." she offered, worriedly.

Lucy slowly walked towards him.

"Hey... say something..." Lucy asked, carefully.

Natsu noticed that the woman, who has the same scent of his precious nakama, approaching him carefully.

He couldn't help but feel the urge of confirming, whether or not, that this girl may've been the one he's been waiting for.

When she was on arm's length distance from him, he grabbed her and crushed her in his.

'Without a doubt, she's real. She's here. In my arms.' Natsu thought, as he finally released of the years' worth of tears, that he held back for so long.

He hid on her shoulder, tightening his hold on her, and inhaled the scent he's been longing for.

She was stunned, at first, and relaxed then pat his back.

She froze when she felt a warm moisture, streaming down her neck.

She lightly pulled back, then cupped his cheeks delicately, and made him look at her.

Her eyes soften as soon as she saw Natsu hide his face from embarrassment like a child, as tears falls heavily from his eyes.

'He looks so fragile.' Lucy thought silently.

Natsu looked away and whispered a soft, "I missed you..."

She was taken aback for quite a bit, but she was able to compose herself immediately, then she grabbed him and locked him on her arms.

"I missed you too..."

=========

Next Chapter: An attack