Part Sixteen

"Gray! I need your help!" Lucy called from the request board.

"Yeah? What is it?" Gray dismissed his brawl with the Salamander, temporarily, to look at the celestial mage.

"I'll be needing your help in this mission." She stated innocently, smiling.

"What kind of help?" Gray questioned, eyeing her with doubt.

"OI! OI! Lucy why'd ya hafta go with Ice pervert? I'm right here!" Natsu growled in annoyance, glaring daggers at Gray.

"Natsu, I told you that I wanted to try solo missions for a little while. And, you agreed to that." Lucy huffedin annoyance.

"Besides, this particular mission requires... Uh... Gray's expertise?" Lucy giggled.

A month ago, Lucy had to beg Natsu's permission to go on solo flight for the meantime. He kept on whining and complaining that she should stick with the team since she's been gone for years. So, he'd reject her idea each time.

After several arguments and explanations later, or more accurately two weeks ago, the fire dragon slayer finally gave up and gave her what she wished for. But, the deal is only good for a month.

"I ain't letting you near ice freak and his stripping habits!" Natsu roared, angrily.

Lucy burst out laughing, causing the two to look at her in confusion.

"Wait? That's not it?" Gray asked innocently which only caused Lucy to roll on the floor laughing.

"Idiots! I need Gray because of his ice magic!" She laughed, wiping the happy tears off of her eyes.

"Oh." Gray and Natsu flushed in embarrassment.

"You should have said so in the first place!" Gray roared, cheeks still tinted in a light shade of pink and Lucy chuckled.

"So? Would you help me or not?" Lucy smiled, brightly.

"Yeah. Yeah. What's it about?" Gray questioned and grabbed the request Lucy handed him.

"It's regarding a flower that grows in ice and light. The request says that it's their protector. They said it holds ancient magic that keeps the village safe for decades. I believe they called it Carpobrotus edulis. It's near Malva city so, it isn't really that far." Lucy summarized, thoughtfully.

"Besides, even if we split the payment in half, it's enough to cover my debt on Natsu!" she added, enthusiastically.

"Sure. When'll we leave?" Gray questioned, nonchalantly.

"Can we go, today?" she queried.

"Yeah." He sighed and prepared to leave.

"Let's meet on the train station in half an hour." Lucy suggested and Gray nodded while waving his hand in understanding.

"Would you like to come?" Lucy asked Natsu, who's grumbling something underneath his breath while childishly securing his arms over his chest, just frowned.

"I ain't going on a mission with a stripper!" Natsu huffed and Lucy sighed.

"Alright then." She shrugged and turned around to head towards her apartment to prepare.

Honestly, Natsu was disappointed.

He just watched her walk out of the guild.

He'd thought that his precious nakama would insist for him to come along.

Seriously?

They haven't been really interacting much for almost three weeks!

And here she is, asking an exhibitionist help instead of his?