Part Thirteen

After lunch, Team Natsu started to fulfill their initial reason on why they're in Crocus-- the mission.

The mission is about an attempted robbery of an ancient artifact- the golden cup, to be exact.

They immediately went on the mission site, and they've learned that the robbers behind the attempts were the Jiggle butt gang.

"Ya got to be kiddin' me! These dudes were the ones behind this?" Natsu scowled.

"Ano... Nice to see you again..." Wendy greeted.

"Wendy... What did I tell you? I told you to NEVER EVER associate with this kind of vile creatures!" Charles scolding Wendy, while shaking angrily.

"Well, Whad'ya know. Im'ma let ya have it! 'Cause I'm all fired up!" Natsu cheered, sounding excited.

"I ain't letting you take all the glory, flame brain!" Gray exclaimed, positioning his hand for an ice make.

"Whatever you say, Ice stripper!" Natsu growled.

"Fire dragon's roar!" Natsu shouts.

"Ice geyser!" Gray cried.

Lucy was amused at the scene before her, she could tell that Natsu and Gray were taking their opponent lightly.

She felt a negative energy nearby and found an attack about to hit from above them.

Lucy stepped in the middle of the fight.

"Sorry to interrupt..." she excused herself and crouched down.

"Lucy?" Natsu questioned, not receiving a response.

She touched the ground lightly, and gathered ample amount of power to create a barrier.

The attack was quick but violent. It was the evil dark force they've encountered before.

They've all watched a shining wing like barrier protecting all of them from a malicious attack.

"I knew I smelled something disgusting. Tch." Nastu says, sounding annoyed.

"They were just trying to catch us off guard." Lucy says simply, as the attack died down.

She stood for the moment and felt the force withdrew.

They've watched the barrier disappeared, leaving a feather-like dust, glowing all around them like snow.

"So pretty!" Wendy exclaimed in awe, and touched the dust then watched it vanish.

Once Lucy was satisfied, she walked out of the arena, casually.

"Gomenasai, minna. It should be safe now. You can continue where you left off, Natsu." she says smiling, like nothing happened.

She gently laughs at Natsu, as he tries to resume his battle with the robbers.

Erza, Gray, Happy, Charles, and even the robbers were still awe-stricken from what they've just witnessed.

"What just happened?" Erza inquired, regaining from shock.

"Hmm? Etto... It's a simple spell for defense." Lucy smiled at them, innocently.

"Lucy became strong!" Happy complimented, as Wendy, Erza, Gray and Charles nodded in agreement.

"But, I bet she's still heavy!" Happy randomly commented.

"I don't need your rude comments, you stupid cat!" Lucy countered.

-Several minutes later-

They've finally captured the robbers.

Erza gave the golden cup to Gray.