Twenty "Ty? Tell me you're alive."

Mitch P.0.V.

~~LAST TIME~~

I breathed out slowly and Jerome must have noticed. "What's on your mind, Mitch?"

"It-It-It's hard to explain.." I scolded myself for stuttering again.

"Please try Mitch..I'm here, I'm listening." His warm hand took mine again, instantly making me feel warm.

"Last night I-I knocked myself down..Now I need someone who will help build me back up." I tried to explain.

He only nodded and squeezed my hand again.

"I'll be that someone."

~~THIS TIME~~

'I'll be that someone.'

It flowed through my head over and over again. Those four words were so meaningful to me.

'I'll be that someone.'

We continued to hold hands and stare into each other's eyes until there was a banging at the door. We both jumped.

"Was it thunder?" Jerome asked as I got off the couch.

"No.. But who would be at the door during a storm like this?" I wondered. I stepped up on the tips of my toes to look out the door's peep hole.

To my surprise, Adam stood soaking wet on my doorstep.

"Adam?!" I said and opened the door to come in. He was out of breath and dripping water everywhere.

"I..I..I knew Jay was-was over here..." He panted out quickly. He moved some of his curly hair that was matted down out of his eyes.

"Jesus Adam, your house is just across the street, why are you outta' breath already! Dannng!" Jerome laughed out with his amazing smile.

This time Adam didn't laugh-he didn't even smile.

That's when Jerome knew something was wrong. "Adam?" Jerome asked and got up from the couch and walked to Adam. "What's going on?"

"I-I didn't run from home, I came fr-fr-from Ty-y's!" Adam stuttered out, this time it was more broken up from his tears then from him being out of breath.

"What happened to Ty?" I ask and already put on my coat and shoes. Jerome follows my actions and grabs my keys from the bowl.

"I don't know! He-He locked himself in his room and won't come out! I'm scared! Last time this happened...it..it wasn't good." He whispered, shifting his eyes to the ground.

"Come on, we'll take Betty!" Jerome said and bursted out my door. We all follow him quickly and shuffle into my pick-up.

Jerome peels out of my drive in full speed and Adam spoke up. "All the sudden Ty freaked out and-and just ran from Ryan, Jason, and me!"

"What happened the last time this happened?" I asked. Adam clenched his eyes shut and stayed quiet. I couldn't tell if he did that to try to remember,

Or try to forget.

"I'll-I'll-I'll tell you when we get the-re." He whispered from the back of the truck.

I shivered and Jerome looked over to me. "Mitch?"

"Yeah?"

"..look down..." I gave Jerome a confused look and then did what he said.

And that's when I remember I'm not wearing pants.

"SHIT!" I yell and quickly stretch my oversized shirt even more to cover my legs.

"It's fine. You and Ty are both pretty small so you could borrow one of his sweatpants or something." Adam piped up from the back.