Chapter 1

Why are you here like honestly this book sucks turn around now before you cringe

Blake McCall sung quietly to herself as Fall Out Boy blasted through her bedroom.

"Blake!" Scott, Blake's older brother by a few minutes, yelled.

"What?!" She yelled back.

"Turn it down!" Scott shouted from his room next door.

Blake groaned before getting off her bed and turning her music up even louder, ignoring her brother's request. She had to cover her ears for a few seconds to adjust to the loud music.

"Blake!" Scott screamed, although, it was drowned out by the music. Blake grinned before Scott barged into her room.

She turned the music down a bit. "I'm not turning my music off, Scott," Blake explained.

"Did you hear that?" Scott asked curiously.

"Hear what?" Blake asked carelessly, plopping onto her bed.

"Outside. I heard something," Scott answered.

"I don't even know how you heard it when my music was up so loud," Blake replied.

Scott turned off Blake's music before saying, "Stay here."

"Where are you going?" She yelled after her brother. When she got no response, she shouted her brother's name.

She spotted him creeping down the stairs so she decided to follow him. She watched him grab the baseball bat that belonged to Blake when she played baseball.

"Why is my baseball bat here?" Blake exclaimed. Scott jumped as he hadn't realized that the girl was following her.

"I thought I told you to stay inside!" Scott hissed.

"And I thought I told you that I was coming out of the womb first," Blake shrugged. "Some thing's don't happen."

Scott sighed before creeping out on to the front porch.

"What are you even doing?" Blake asked her brother.

"Why do you care?" Scott muttered.

"Because you're carrying around my baseball bat," Blake decided. "The same bat I hit my first home run with."

"Whatever, just be quiet," Scott ordered.

They crept towards the wooden railings. It was dark and quiet. The only thing heard was the creaking of wood as Scott and Blake's feet touched the wooden panels below them.

Both twins screamed as a figure came tumbling down from the roof.

Blake jumped back into her brother's arms as the person screamed too.

"Stiles!" Blake shrieked.

"What the hell are you doing?!" Scott yelled.

Stiles, who was hanging upside down, stopped waving his arms about.
"You weren't answering your phone," Stiles explained. "Why do you have a bat?"

"I thought you were a predator," Scott answered.

"Predator?" Stiles scoffed. "A pred..."

"Why are you here?" Blake questioned.

"Look, I know it's late, but you gotta hear this," Stiles began. "I saw my dad leave 20 minutes ago. Dispatch called, they're bringing in every officer from the Beacon Department, and even state police."

"What? Why?" Blake asked as she furrowed her eyebrows.

"Two joggers found a body in the woods," Stiles answered.