Chapter 22

While Jackson helped Lydia make a self-igniting Molotov cocktail, Blake sat down at one of the chemistry tables with Stiles beside her.

"I don't get this. I don't get why he's out there, and why he left us," Allison cried. "And I can't-I can't stop my hands from shaking."
"It's okay. It's okay," Jackson said, trying to calm down the girl. "It's gonna be okay."

"Jackson, you handed me the sulphuric acid, right?" Lydia questioned. "It has to be sulphuric acid. It won't ignite if it's not."

"I gave you exactly what you asked for tonight," Jackson hissed.
"Yeah, yeah. I'm sure you did," Lydia muttered.

Blake looked over at Stiles and he looked at her. They both had a weary look on their faces as they looked back over at Jackson. Something told Blake that he didn't give Lydia what she asked for.

After a minute of small talk between Stiles and Blake, she felt the ground beginning to shake.

Her eyes widened as Jackson fell to the ground. Everyone went to help him up.
"Are you okay?" Blake asked.

"No, I'm fine," Jackson muttered. "Like, seriously, I'm okay."
"That didn't sound okay at all," Allison stated.

"What's on the back of your neck?" Stiles questioned. It was then that Blake noticed the claw marks on Jackson's neck.

"I said I'm fine," Jackson snapped.

"It's been there for days," Lydia explained. "He won't tell me what happened."
"As if you actually care," Jackson retorted.

"All right, can we not argue for half a second here?" Stiles demanded.
"Where's Scott?" Allison asked. "He should be back by now."

"He'll be fine," Blake sighed. She was getting slightly annoyed at Allison's constant crying about Scott.

"Scott! Scott!" Allison yelled. Blake turned to look at her as her eyes were focused on the door.
"Where's he going?" Lydia asked.
"Scott. Scott! Scott! Scott!"

"Stop, stop!" Lydia ordered. "Do you hear that? Listen."
Blake listened carefully and she sighed in relief when she heard the police sirens.

But then Blake began to worry. Where was Alec?

"You sure it was Derek Hale?" Sheriff Stilinski asked.
"Yes," Scott nodded.
"I saw him too," Stiles agreed.
"What about the janitor?" Scott questioned.
"We're still looking," the sheriff explained.
"Did you check under the bleachers? Under them?"
"Yeah, Scott, we looked. We pulled them out just like you asked, there's nothing."

"I'm not making this up," Scott declared.
"I know," the sheriff stated. "I believe you, I do."
"No, you don't. You have this look like you feel bad for me. Like you wanna believe me, but I know you don't," Scott argued.
"Listen," Sheriff Stilinski sighed. "We're gonna search this whole school. We're gonna find him. Okay? I promise."
"Sheriff!"

"Stay. All of you," the sheriff ordered after making his way towards the deputy that called his name.

"Well, we survived, dude. You know? We outlasted the alpha. It's still good, right?" Stiles wondered. "Being alive?"
"When we were in the chemistry room, he walked right by us. You don't think that it heard us? You don't think it knew exactly where we were?"
"Well, then how come we're still alive?"
"It wants me in its pack," Scott announced. "But I think, first-I have to get rid of my old pack."

"What do you mean? What old pack?" Stiles and Blake asked in unison.
"Allison. Jackson, Lydia. You," Scott began as he looked at his Stiles and then his sister. "And you."