Chapter 4

"I've been up all night reading. Websites, books, all this information," Stiles announced.

His eyes were bulging out from his head. Blake plopped herself down on Stiles' bed and stared at the ceiling.

"How much Adderall have you had today?" Scott grinned.
Stiles swirled around in his computer chair to face the McCall twins.
"A lot. But it doesn't matter," Stiles answered. "Okay, just listen."
"Oh, is this about the body?" Scott asked.

"Did they find out who did it?" Blake added.
"No, they're still questioning people," Stiles replied. "Even Derek Hale."
"The guy from the woods?" Blake asked curiously. Derek was so dark and mysterious. She wanted to know more about him.

"Yes. But that's not it, okay," Stiles said quickly.
"You've had too much Adderall," Blake mumbled.

"I don't care," Stiles answered. "Remember the joke from the other day? Not a joke anymore."

"What do you mean?" Blake asked sitting up from her position on Stiles' bed.

"Will you please get off of my bed. You're going to get the sheets creased," Stiles ordered.

"Since when did you care about your bed sheets being creased? " Blake asked amused.

"Since I realized that if there's going to be a girl in my bed, then something's gotta happen. But since your my best friends sister..." Stiles trailed off. "You know."

"Are you saying that if I weren't Scott's sister, then you would actually try something on me?" Blake asked in disbelief.

"I did not say that," Stiles answered quickly.

"Can we please stop talking about this. Please," Scott pleaded, clearly grossed out by the conversation.

Blake raised her eyebrows before getting off of Stiles' bed.
"Anyway, the wolf. The bite in the woods. I started doing all this reading. Do you even know why a wolf howls?" Stiles asked.

"Should I?" Scott questioned dumbfounded.

"It's a signal, okay?" Stiles answered jumping from his chair. "When a wolf's alone, it howls to signal it's location to the rest of the pack. So if you heard a wolf howling, that means others could've been nearby. Maybe even a whole pack of them."

"A whole pack of wolves?" Scott asked, still not understanding what was going on.

Blake stood quietly in the corner biting her thumb - a habit of hers she did when she was thinking or when she was nervous. And in this case, she was thinking.

"No," Stiles corrected. "Werewolves."

"Are you seriously wasting my time with this?" Scott asked in disbelief. "You guys know I'm picking up Allison in an hour."

Scott grabbed his bag and threw it over his shoulder.

"We saw you on the field today, Scott," Stiles sighed. "What you did wasn't just amazing, alright? It was impossible."

"Yeah, so I made a good shot," Scott mumbled, making his way towards the door.

Stiles shot up in front of him, stopping Scott from leaving.
"No, you made an incredible shot," Stiles pointed out.
"I mean the way you moved, your reflexes."

"People can't just do that overnight, Scott," Blake said joining the conversation.
"And then there's the vision, and the senses," Stiles added. "You don't even need your inhaler anymore."

"Okay! I can't even think about this now," Scott exclaimed. "We'll talk tomorrow."

"Scott," Blake argued.