Chapter 7

Blake stared down at her phone that was ringing on the desk. She was leaning against the table, looking at the screen as Stiles' name popped up.

Her boss eyed her as he walked past her.

"Put these on the shelves," he ordered. He dropped a stack of DVD's in front of her.
"And put your phone on silent."

Her boss walked away and Blake rolled her eyes.
She grabbed a few DVD cases after putting her phone on silent and started putting them out on the shelves.

Why was Stiles calling her? And why was he calling her during lacrosse practice?

Blake's boss left the room and headed out the back. Blake set the DVD cases on the floor and rushed to her phone. She knew that her boss would be back in a few minutes so she didn't have much time.
She flicked through her contacts and phoned Stiles.
Right after the first ring, Stiles picked up.

"Blake? Blake!"
"Stiles!" Blake hissed.
"Blake!" Stiles exclaimed again.
"Why are you calling me? My boss is going to kill me!

"Blake! Scott is trying to kill me!" Stiles explained and Blake could hear something crash in the background.

"Stiles? What was that?" Blake asked, concern lacing her voice.
"Stiles!"

And then the line went dead.
"Dammit," Blake cursed under her breath.

She heard footsteps and Blake immediately stuffed her phone into her pocket and continued what she was doing before her boss left.
Her boss stared at her before Blake spoke.

"Is there any chance that I can leave early?" Blake asked, shrugging her shoulders and plastering a goofy smile on her face.

"No," her boss said after a few seconds.

"Please!" Blake whined.

"No."

"Come on," Blake grinned. "I'm employee of the month."

"That's because you're my only employee," he retorted. "And that was last month."

"So?"

"Where do you have to be that's so much better than work?" her boss smirked.

"Anywhere is better than here," Blake mumbled.

"Put it this way," he began. "If you didn't work here, you wouldn't of been able to buy that car of yours."

"No. If I didn't have a mom with a purse then I wouldn't of been able to buy my car," Blake answered.

"Stack these and I might let you leave early."

"Thank you!" Blake exclaimed.
"Whatever," the man muttered before leaving Blake.

"Come on, pick up," Blake muttered. She had gotten out of work early, not that two minutes made much of a difference. The first thing she did was call Stiles. She was sitting in her car outside of the video rental store waiting for Stiles to answer his phone.

She felt kind of guilty that Stiles would have eight miss calls from her, but now she felt angry.

"Pick up your damn phone, Stiles!" Blake screamed into her phones.

"Why are you yelling?!"

"Stiles!"

"That would be me," Stiles answered.

"What is going on? Are you okay? Where's Scott?"
"Woah!" Stiles exaggerated. "One question at a time."

Blake took a deep breath. What question would she ask first? She wanted to ask them all at once, but she couldn't. She wanted to know what was going on? The last time Stiles and Blake were on the phone to each other, Stiles had yelled that Scott was trying to kill him.