Chapter 25

"Where is Danny?" Stiles moaned from his computer chair.

Blake didn't hear what he said as she plugged in her earphones to her phone and was playing music. She f To olded a piece of paper into an airplane and aimed it at Stiles. It hit the back of his head and Stiles groaned before rubbing at his neck.

"You're going to have to pick that up," Stiles declared, pointing at Blake.
Stiles and Derek looked at Blake when they got no reply. Blake noticed their stares and pulled out her left earphone.

"What?"

"You're picking that up," Stiles ordered, glancing at the paper airplane that was now on the floor.

Blake pulled out her other earphone before retrieving the piece of paper and throwing it into the bin beside Stiles' desk.

"Why are you still here?" Stiles questioned Derek. "Can't you crash at Scott's instead of my room?"

"No," Derek and Blake answered. They gave each other a weird look before giving their attention to Stiles.

"My mom would freak if she came home from work and saw you," Blake explained, laying down on Stiles bed.

"What would an armed sheriff do if he saw a fugitive in his son's room?"
Blake thought about what he said before nodding. "Yeah, you win."

Derek huffed in response, not wanting to tell him the real reason he didn't want to go to Scott's. In fact, she was sitting right in front of him. Derek never planned on crashing at Scott's place because he knew that Blake would be there, so when Blake arrived in Stiles' bedroom earlier, he felt angry. Not at Blake, but at himself. Why? Because this girl was messing with Derek's head without knowing it. And Derek didn't like it. He didn't like the fact that he couldn't think straight when Blake was around him. He didn't like feeling. It made him feel vulnerable.

Derek actually planned on staying away from her, hoping that maybe it would fix his brain. But his plan completely flopped when she walked through the bedroom door earlier and he couldn't bring himself to leave.

The bedroom door flung open and all eyes turned towards Danny.

"Hi," he smiled and waved.

"Hi, Danny," Blake greeted.

"Great, you're here!" Stiles exclaimed, jumping up from his chair. "Now, I need you to trace a text."

"You want me to do what?" Danny exclaimed.

"Trace a text," Stiles shrugged.

"I came here to do lab work. That's what lab partners do."

"And we will," Stiles stated. "Once you trace the text."

"And what makes you think I know how?"

"I-" Stiles stuttered. "I looked up your arrest report, so-"

"Woah!" Blake exclaimed "What did good little Danny do?"

"I was 13," Danny interrupted. "They dropped the charges."

"Whatever," Stiles mumbled. Danny shook his head.

"No, we're doing lab work, " he said, pulling for a stool over to Stiles' desk.