Courage is the Gift I Offer

Author's Note-  (You can skip this paragraph if you are here for the book.) Hello fellow Wattpad readers! This is my first book to be posted on Wattpad, and I'm still getting used to the new method of typing. Writing wise, I think I will stick with fan fictions for now. I find them harder to write because you are limited and have to be careful not to just repeat the book/game/movie, but I want to publish my other ideas someday, so this is all for now.

About the book: This book is based off of a video game called the Legend of Zelda. This is actually a series of games, three of which I have played. I based this particular story off of Twilight Princess, the second most recent in the series, not including revisits to the old ones. For those of you who enjoy Link and Zelda as a couple, and absolutely despise Midna, you may not want to read this story. I simply saw that the LOZ fan fictions had no Link and Midna pairings, so I decided to write one. The story starts after Midna breaks the Mirror of Twilight.

This book contains major spoilers to the video game, which I highly recommend playing.

Please enjoy and comment you thoughts below!!! (I do not own these characters, the video game creators do. I can't name specific names, but I think I get effort for trying.)

I promise my Author's Notes will be shorter from now on.

THE BOOK BEGINS NOW.

CHAPTER ONE

AWAKENING

   I woke up in a field. I had no memories. I felt a sense of loss, but no reason to feel it. I almost wished I could remember the reason for the pain, rather than being stuck not knowing.

   After lying there for an infinite amount of time, my body finally told me that I had to get up. I stood up, finally taking in my surroundings.

   A small lake lay to my direct left, with me almost on its banks, and a bird drifted lazily on it. A band of trees was to my far right, a road between us. The road looked well worn, but I saw no travelers. I heard no sounds, either, other than the sounds of nature.

   The sun seemed to harsh, and as I looked down, my skin looked opaque. I felt a sudden urge to hide in a shadow. And yet, another voice commanded me to stay. "You are used to it by now. After all, you are only half Twilian anymore."

   What the heck is a Twilian, and how am I half of anything? I make myself sound like a hybrid.

   I walked slowly over to the water, wishing for a drink. The laid-back bird suddenly took off, and the noise startled me. I cried out, hearing my own voice for the first time. After a moment, I watched the bird fly away. A giggle escaped my body. It started low, and worked its way up, both in volume and in pitch. The noise was almost mechanical, like it was apart of me. I can vaguely remember that giggle being meant to get someone's attention. But who's?

   I finally knelt down by the water. My flaming orange hair made a halo as the ever-bright sun set behind me. It was braided in a most curious way down my rather exposed chest. Embarrassed by my obvious past lack of manners, I drew my cloak further about my thin but shapely figure. Then I let my hair loose from its bondage to flow free. It came nearly to my waist.

   I dipped my hands into the water and they came out, cupping a handful of the liquid. I drank many such handfuls, until my thirst was quenched. Then I began to stand again, only to see a strange shape on my left hand.

   Disfiguring my beautiful blue-green designs, three golden triangles stood their ground. They formed the shape if yet another triangle, all on the back of my hand.

   "The Triforce." The voice said in my head. An image came with its name. The corners were cut off, only showing a hand running through the sandy blond hair of a man. a man who I feel is of great importance to me. The hand also bore the three triangles.

   Knowing that my mind may not give any more information, even my own name, I decide that I have nothing to lose. I will follow the well-worn road that now stands behind me, and I will go wherever it may lead. And maybe, just maybe, I will find that man, the one thing that my mind remembers.