Chapter Fifteen: The End

LAST CHAPTER!!!! SO, I'M ACTUALLY GOING TO MAKE THIS A SERIES. IT'S BEEN PLANNED THAT WAY ALL ALONG, AND I ACTUALLY PLANTED REFERENCES FOR YOU GUYS TO FIND. IT'S BASICALLY GOING TO BE A NERDY SERIES. AFTER INTRODUCING CHARACTERS FROM MULTIPLE FANDOMS, THERE WILL BE A BOOK IN WHICH THEY ALL MEET AND ALL IS EXPLAINED. THE NEW ONE WILL BE UP SOON.

HERE IS THE FINAL CHAPTER OF COURAGE IS THE GIFT I OFFER.

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

THE END

"Maya!" I call out. "Slow down! You'll fall!"

My five-year daughter looks back at me and grins. "Daddy stop worrying!" She giggles.

"You're even encouraging Luc!" I yell, grabbing the three year old boy. He squeals. The poor child still hasn't said a word. Now I understand why he is so shy later on.

"Let her run." Midna says chidingly, grabbing Luc from me. "She's already in sword training. She needs to learn to run before that."

"You're right, dear." I sigh. The vision of her dying haunts me momentarily. "I suppose I'm just....overprotective...."

"That's okay." Midna gives me a quick kiss. "I have to go give Luc a bath. Make sure Maya doesn't hurt herself."

"Who's worrying now?" I call as she walks up the stairs. She looks back and smiles.

When I turn back, a soldier is standing and talking to Maya. A Hyrulian soldier. Maya nods and points at me.

"Midna! We have a visitor!" I call nervously.

"You're the King!" She replies, not understanding the severity. "Do something!"

I run down the stairs, taking two at a time. The Hyrulian notices and turns in my direction. When I approach, he bows. I nod curtly. Court etiquette is still hard for me, especially when my children may be in danger. My instincts say to pull out the sword. I resist them and instead wait for the soldier to speak.

"I have come here by way of Triforce, as you once did." The Hyrulian states. He is my height, but his face is shadowed by his helmet. "Princess Zelda would have come herself, but she had other issues to attend to, so she sent her bodyguard."

"She has a bodyguard now?" I ask incredulously.

"When you left, she decided Hyrule needed a protector. She wanted to make sure her people would be safe if you never come back." He seems uptight, angry at something.

"What do you need me for?" I ask, grabbing Maya and hoisting her into my hip.

The soldier takes off his visor, and poor Maya nearly takes a tumble down the hill due to my shock.

"Look, I'm sorry, I..."

"My dad never came." Colin says, his voice much deeper than I would expect.

"I'm sorry. I thought that Rusl would."

Colin shakes his head. "Rusl came for me. My dad didn't."

"Link dear, where did you put the towels?" Midna calls, walking out of the castle with Luc. He is playing with her hair. "...who's this?"

"It's Colin." I answer. All of this time, I've kept what I know secret. I set Maya down and wordlessly hold out my arms. Colin tries to compose himself, he really does, but it doesn't work. He collapses into my embrace.

"How did he get here?" Midna asks.

"The Triforce of Power." Colin answers, standing up straight. He is looking in her direction with a certain amount of sadness. I look at Midna.

^Bring Luc over here.^

*Why?* She cocks her head.

^Just....please.^ I hold my arms out as she walks over. Luc is placed in them. I kiss the top of his head before handing him to Colin.

"I'd stop there if I were you." A voice says, coming from a few feet away. "We wouldn't want to create a paradox."

AND THAT'S IT!!! THE SEQUEL WILL BE OUT SOON. IT WILL BE NAMED 'SEEKING REDEMPTION'. LOVE YOU ALL, AND I'LL BE BACK SOON!!!!!