Ch 4

Two years later, last year of the academy.-

Sasuke grunted. He'd been training to kill Itachi, and now Naruto as well. So far Sasuke was second best in class, just behind Naruto.

Naruto had beaten him in countless fights now, his 'demonic' powers gave him an undeniable edge. Sasuke gripped his sword tightly, he had to kill Naruto! Before his true nature revealed itself and tore Konoha apart.

"Hello Uchiha..." An old voice called out.

Sasuke whirled around, readying his sword. Only to see an old man with golden eyes. "Who the hell are you?"

The man chuckled. "You have fire in you, young Uchiha...like myself at your age. I'm here to train you to wield legendary power, should you accept."

"What power?" Sasuke was fully interested now.

The man's body began to glow with bright blue flames. "The power of the Phoenix. You will be able to control the blue flames, teleport, be stronger and faster than humans, heal at an accelerated rate, and it may boost your sharingan. Plus I'll teach you special techniques to kill demons, like your classmate."

Sasuke scoffed. "Pfft. If you can't even kill an academy student, what could you teach me?"

The man sighed. "I'm over four hundred years old, the fire keeping me alive has grown weak... But I'm still powerful and a capable teacher. With my help, you'll be Kage level in just a few years."

"Just a few years? That sounds impossible." Sasuke tried to hide it, but the idea excited him.

"I see you need time to decide...come here this time in three days if you wish to train with me..." The man turned.

Sasuke called out. "Wait! What's your name?"

The man didn't turn around. "It's Talion..."
_______________________________

Naruto rose off the ground, wielding the gravity path in order to fly.

Naruto, I sense a powerful enemy gaining strength. You need to hurry and learn your other powers.

"Alright Kurama. Any ideas?"

Push chakra into your eyes. Everyone who's genetic make up I used to alter you, had a doujutsu, by that logic you should have one as well.

Naruto nodded and channeled chakra into his eyes. They immediately began glowing and his pupils turned a light milky blue. "Wow, I felt it turn."

"Interesting... looking through your eyes, I see that you can now see chakra. Useful, if a bit underwhelming."

___________3 days later_____________

Sasuke spun his sword in his grip, whatever this power was, he liked it. His speed and strength were now three times better and he'd only had the power for a day. "Alright old man. Show me what I can do."

The Phoenix flames give you heightened strength so I want you to start wearing ninja mail (just thinner chain mail, good for stopping kunai and shuriken) and armor over your chest, shoulders, back, forearms, and shins. The speed difference will be negligible but the armor could save your life one day. I'm going to give you a sword similar to my own, dipped in silver and sharpened with acid it's edge able to easily cut into even the strongest of demon flesh. Finally I want you to learn to use a bow. With your eyes being enhanced by the Phoenix power it would be a waste to not learn a long range ability."

Sasuke nodded. "Are we leaving the village?"

"Not yet. You see, I don't know much ninjutsu or genjutsu. So I want you to learn what you can during the day as a ninja, then at night I'll teach you the ways of the phoenix." Talion stood. "First thing's you need to learn is how to increase your physical abilities even further with the Phoenix flames. Imagine the flames inside you burning, similar to the way chakra does. Because it is fire, it can be fanned to increase its heat, also you can direct chakra into it for an even greater boost. Your chakra will act as an accelerant, meaning it will cause the flames power to go up tremendously for a short time." 

Sasuke took the lesson in and closed his eyes, fanning his flames. He could feel the warmth travel throughout his body.

"Impressive, I've never heard of anyone getting it on the first try..." Talion smiled then drew his own sword. "Alright Sasuke. Come at me with everything you've got."