Chapter Two

The New Bride Copyright © JazzieBae1231 2013 

All rights reserved

This story belongs to me. Any unauthorized copying, broadcasting, distributipm. or selling of my work is an infrindgement of copyright. Any infringement of this copyright is punishable by law.

“Yes, I know, but we simply have no choice.”

  “Because they don’t,” King Justin stepped in.

  “Ugh! Why? Is it because of you?”

  “No, because of our grandfathers.” He pulled out a scroll and opened it.

  “What? What does my grandfather has to do with this?”

  “He and my own Grandfather had an agreement. Your grandfather needed money so my father bought you off of him.

  “As a slave?” Please say no!

  “No,” I sighed. “But I choose you to be my wife. I mean, I will give you your rights back if you marry me.”

  “But I’m only 18 and I’m still in school.”

  “We’ll wait ‘til school finishes for you.” He grabbed my hand and kissed it.

  Great.

  “I don’t want to marry you.” I said clearly and everyone froze. The King stretched his jaws clearly angered with my outburst.

  “May I speak to you in your bedroom?” He gripped my hand a little tighter.

  “No,” I tried to snatch my hand out of his but he is way stronger than me and so is his grip.

  “Sorry if I put that in a question format. Take me to your room so we can talk privately.” He said sternly, bored with my antics.

  I looked at my parents hoping to find some symphothy. My father wasn’t looking at me, trying to avoid my eye contact. My mother was looking straight at me and gave me a little nod. I sighed and looked back at the King. “Fine,” I took a deep breath, “Let’s go.” He followed behind me as we entered my room. “Why do you want to marry me?” I came forward with it. “You’re the King. I’m just me. You have millions of girls after you but I’m not one of them so why did you choose me?” It was true. “What service can I do for you and why would you want to have me?

  “Marry me.”

  “Why? What does marrying you benefit for me?”

  “I chose you to be my wife. It’s optional, of course.”

  “Fine, then I choose –“I sat down on my bed as I was interrupted.

  “Before you make a decision maybe you should consider some other things.” He slowly walked around my room.

  No-One’s POV:

  “Stuff like what?” Alexandra-Marie eyed him, wondering where he’s getting at.

  “I know that your house is being foreclosed on” Justin said while stopping to look at her.

  “What?” She said confused. Foreclosed? This hose can’t be foreclosed upon, she thought, her family would have told her. “You’re lying. My house will not be foreclosed upon.”

  “Oh, they didn’t tell you?” He said walking closer to her, bits of joy written in his eyes. “Your house will be closed and your family will be forced to move out.” He raised an eyebrow waiting for her to respond.