Chapter 21- Troublesome

Three days had past, undisturbed and quiet. The pain had subsided and fury and anger had taken over. That bastard! A Burning rage filled up my veins and I couldn't hold back my intense hatred. I spent my last few days on the lake side, trying to be a good Christian and keep calm and respectful. 'But how could I?' A voice kept saying, it would creep in at the most heightened moments of my rage.  I would lash out at the lake water and cry in vain.

I sat at the lake side early this morning, the fourth day since it happened. My reflection gazing back up at me. My hair a tangled wavy mess. My skin was filthy and dirt was stuck under my nails. My appearance was an image of distraught, and wild insanity. But my mind farther south, under the ground miles and miles, where the fiery pits of hell raged and burnt the innocent and kind and the good doers.  While I felt as I was sitting in the middle of a inferno unskaved because my evil was far too powerful.

My fingertips danced along the water's surface. I could watch the world from this alternate universe, upside down and through a hue of blue/grey.  I saw a figure opposite to mine on the water, his reflection something to marvel at. I looked up. This figure tall with raven black hair and a mischievous glint in his eyes. He wore a cloak that started as raven feathers and finished a black heavy cloth. In his hand he carried a staff that was simple but held a intriguing story in carvings.

This man with his pale white skin and deep black attire  had out stretched a hand to me. I took it. Standing up on to what my shocked eyes drank in as the lake water under my feet.  I was a couple of measures from the lake shore but the water held my weight. This man who now was leaning in to my face whispered, presumably, his name.

"Loki" his placed a cheeky kiss on my sealed lips and his body then slipped down into the water and was gone.  I let out a scream, a Shrek loud enough to hear from miles, as it bounded off the cliffs the surrounded the lake.  I lost my balance and fell into the water, following much of Loki's decent.Under the water it was dark and cold and the lake's shelf was short. I could see dark shapes moving in the water, some brushing up against me. I was trashing and gasping for air when I fought my way to the top only to sink back down.This dense dark blackness was messing with my sight. the water a dense forest of must grey slate trees that soon transformed into billowing seaweed trees. My last breath of air puffing out of my mouth.

I was loosing the fight, my clothes were becoming increasingly more heavy, after they drank in the water around them.  The pale face of Loki appeared before me. My eyes were becoming heavy and my chest tightening. 'He was laughing' I thought. A huge smile spreading across his face.

"I would have saved you but I wanted to see what he would do" he said bubbles escaping his mouth as if he could breath under water. My head was growing more and more dizzy. My eyes closing as much as i fought if got harder to keep them open.

"Oh! Look" he pointed and laughed but I had no time to look before he pushed me down farther and I could no longer see, feel or breath. The blackness had consumed me and I stopped. What felt like years later, I was being dragged around the place, pushed down onto something hard and there was a foamy voice that I couldn't quite hear talking. It was as if the water had insulated my ears and blocked them up. There was a pressure on my chest and a shaking of my shoulders. I wanted to tell them I was fine that I would be okay.

"S-sha" I heard being shouted "s-sha" I was being lifted from the hard surface and I felt my head flop back. All of a sudden a crisp clear laugh rang over the situation. This couldn't be a trick of the mind, could it? Loki's face still clear to me. He was cackling away to himself, trying to muffle his wheezing sounds, his laugh choking him in glee. My body was rejecting something. I was coughing and spluttering. A ragged gasp escaped my body. My breath heavy and  growing in speed. I slipped into a darkness and from there the voices were silent.