Hospital.

Natalie fluttered her eyes open, squinting them as she saw a bright light shinning down in her.

She mound slightly from the pain in her head, and Natalie started to hear a voice mumbling her name. Once her vision cleared up, Natalie moved her head to her left, seeing she was in a hospital like room. The walls were white, and her bed was the only one in the room.

Natalie saw that she was in a hospital gown, and she had a hard time moving her left arm. She winced in pain as she tried to move, but felt a hand on hers to stop her.

"Don't move, you've still got some drugs in you." The voice said.

"Drugs?" Natalie questioned, slurping slightly.

"You had surgery to get the bullets out, malyshka." (Baby girl.)

Natalie then knew who the person was when she heard the Russian. She moved her head to the right, her slight still slightly blurry. "мама?"

"это нормально милая, я здесь." (It's ok sweetie, I'm here.) Natasha whispered, stroking her daughters cheek with her finger.

"что случилось?" (What happened?)

"не беспокойтесь об этом, просто сосредоточиться на получении лучше." (Don't worry about it, just focus on getting better.) Natasha smiled warmly, brushing strands of Natalie's hair behind her ear.

"He came back." Natalie whispered.

"What, who's back?" Natasha asked.

"Iven. He came back for me." Natalie said, a tear rolling down her face.

"He came back for you? W-what do you mean."

"He came to take me back, he wants me back the mom!" Natalie cried.

"Shhhh, it's ok sweetie. He won't come near you." Natasha said. She wiped away her daughters tears.

"What are we gonna do?" She asked her mom.

Before Natasha could answer, the doors opened, and Brook,Ava and the other avengers came rushing in. "Oh my god!" Brook yelled.

"Are you ok?" Ava then asked.

"I'm fine. As long as you stop shouting." Natalie said, sitting herself up with some help from Natasha. "Then chemical, what happened to it?" Natalie asked as she suddenly remembered.

"It's safe." Fury said as he walked in. "How are you feeling Agent Valentine?"

"I've felt better in the past, but I'd prefer if I had my name converted back to my original name." Natalie said, and she felt her mom hold her hand tighter.

"So then agent..." He lifted his eyes to her. "Romanoff, could you explain what happened at your time in DC?" Fury asked.

"There were...complications." She mumbled.

"What do you mean, complications?"

"There weren't just HYDRA there, someone else was too."

"Who?" He asked.

"The Red Room." Natalie answered. "They came to take me back to Russian to make me be the 'Red Widow' again."

"The red widow? I thought it was called the 'black widow' program." Tony said.

"It is, but I got my name because of how I did my job." Natalie answered.

"Job?" Brook asked.

"As an assassin, my job was to go out to fight and kill people. I got my name because of how I left the scene."

"I still don't get it." Steve said.

"They named me the Red Widow because a after I left a fight or a murder, I would be covered in that persons blood. It would be on my face, hands and clothes." Natalie explained. "That's why Its Red, not Black."

"Oh my god." Ava mumbled.

Everyone stayed silent for a few seconds, then Steve cleared his throat. "Why don't we leave Natalie alone for a bit with her mom. Let her get some rest."

As they started to leave, fury stayed for a while. "Director, what exactly is that chemical?" Natasha asked.

"To tell you the truth, it's not a chemical." He said.

"Then what is it?" Natalie asked.

"It's a drug. The reason I sent you to get it was because HYDRA was working for the Red Room, as they wanted it." He said.

"Why do they want it?"

"Apparently it give a person some ability to become a more powerful person then they already are. We need to keep it away from them." Fury said.

"What if they get hold of it?" Natalie asked.

"I don't know. That's why we need to keep it from them."