The Inevitable

I had seen Jin get beaten by that guy. I was hoping to get to him before anything bad happened to him. But those stupid earth manipulators kept slowing me down. When I had gotten to him he was barely conscious. My god he looked like death. tons of cuts all over him bruises a black eye...his left cheek had swollen up like crazy. The fight had apparently  ended. No more screams from fallen fighters. No laughing of completely insane E.C.H.O. members. We had lost so many people. I saw Brock halfway through a wall blood dripping out of his mouth and nose. It made me sick. To think someone could do this to someone else and not be affected or feel bad by the fact of what they had just done. As the "clean up crew" ,as we call them, came through they disposed of the dead ,which was most of us, and transported the injured to the infirmary. I helped bring Jin to the infirmary. I had stayed beside him the entire night. Hadn't left his side the entire time. The only thing keeping me awake was not knowing if he would be ok. Every once in a while I had the stupid thought that he was dead but the healers coming and going from treating him was the only thing ensuring me that he was still alive. I fell asleep eventually and woke up once I felt something move on the bed. I looked up and saw Jin sitting up in the bed and as he looked over at me he smiled softly.

"Your hair is all over the plaace you know that right?"He said with a little laugh. I blushed slightly at this point not caring what my hair looked like. I was just at a loss for words. I literally couldn't think of anything. So I ended up hugging him tightly. 
"Ahh...be careful would ya...I just got thrown through a wall not too long ago..." He groaned. Instead of saying anything I ended up crying. At one point he wrapped his arms around me. I couldn't stop crying.

"I...I...I thought I lost you...I thought you died." Which was partially true. He laughed softly.

"It's going to take a lot more than being thrown thrown through a wall to put me down. A lot more." I didn't say anything after that. I eventually stopped crying. I had at this point been sitting next to him on the bed. When had I gotten up here...? Oh well. That doesn't matter. After a while of just sitting there wrapped up in his arms he looked at me. I hadn't noticed for a few seconds afterwards. He looked at me dead in the eyes. Ugh his eyes... I mean they weren't like those electric blue ones most girls liked...His were an intense orange reddish color, but god were they beautiful...I hadn't noticed when he had said something to me then I realized he was talking and tuned back into reality. 

"When I was laying there. I had a slight chance to start thinking. I...well we both know im not the best with words really..." He rubbed his neck slightly before sighing softly. " Well I guess what im trying to say is uhh...ilikeyoualot..." Ugh...the blush is real right now... I was yet again at a loss of words. He had started leaning towards me closing his eyes. 

"Hey no time for the pda kids get your lazy butts out of bed and get moving lets go lets go!" I had looked at the guy who had walked into the room . It was Alek. I guess he finally got his rank changed up to lead strategist. Who rude would run sing yelling at the inured..? I had gotten out of the bed and so had Jin, he had a little trouble getting up but he managed. I walked up to Alek. 

"What are you doing...?"
"Rallying the troops my friend. Rallying the troops."

"For what?" 
"Boss says we need everyone we can get."
"Still hadn't answered my question."
"We're attacking E.C.H.O."
"But we are all almost dead..gone.."
"Boss's orders what he says goes. and besides it's the inevitable." Before I could object any further he left the room. We are attacking E.C.H.O. ...? We'll get slaughtered...this is crazy...We won't even get close to the base before we would get destroyed. What were they thinking...there had to be a bigger picture here...