Chapter 5: It's a message...

Beep. Beep. Beep.

"Layla dear wake up" I heard Kate's voice and felt her brush my hair from my forehead.

I opened my eyes to see her smiling and got up. I went through the motions of getting ready and was glad that Alpha Neal had decided on six as our departure time making it easier to avoid my brothers who were most likely passed out. I grabbed my bag and went downstairs.

"Good Morning Alpha Neal"

He was drinking his coffee and reading his morning newspaper when I came down.

"Morning Layla, you ready to go?" he said not looking up from his paper.

I grabbed a plate and stacked two pancakes which I drowned with syrup and strawberries.

"Someone's hungry." I heard him say and looked up to see his teasing smile.

I shrugged my shoulder and dug in. I was in a better mood that usual. I had this feeling that these next few days were going to be eventful. I knew we were going as back up for a possible death battle between sworn enemies but I just had this feeling inside me. This buzzing that I couldn't really identify.

"Oh quit teasing her and let her eat. It's been a while since she has properly eaten her breakfast." Kate said walking in. She kissed Neal on his cheek and poured herself a cup of coffee as well. For werewolves who were full of energy they really needed their caffeine fix first thing in the morning.

I finished my breakfast and grabbed a water bottle from the fridge and zipped up my bag securing it on my back. Alpha Neal kissed Kate but lingered a while longer. I stepped out to give them a minute. They were mates. They belonged together so it was hard to separate even for two weeks. I walked out to the garage and saw a few of the pack members eyeing me. I walked over to the back and waited until Alpha Neal arrived.

"Good Morning and thank you for being on time, the medical packages have been loaded into the trucks and since we have equipment we will be travelling in vehicles. But those who wish to run in their wolves, be my guest, it just means more leg room in the jeeps."

A few of the wolves laughed. I noticed that most of the warriors Neal had chosen were of his age and there were only three seniors from Northern.

I rode with Alpha Neal and a one of his high school friends. Half way through the ride I began to feel tired and the buzzing had only increased so I decided to take a quick nap. I fell asleep to the throwbacks Alpha Neal and his friend were listening to on the radio.

"Come on kid. We're almost there. Better wake up and wipe the drool off your face." Alpha Neal's friend, Derek, said.

I sat up and looked out the window. It was dark outside and I could see the stars clearly in the sky. I looked at the clock and it read ten thirty. I slept through the entire day.

I watched the trees pass by, hiding the pack house from clear view.

More like mansion.

Derek pulled up to the main gates and spoke into the intercom. The gates opened and I saw two wolves standing at the front doors. We stopped and Alpha Neal stepped out. We remained in our Jeeps and listened in on the pack link.

Alpha Neal returned and sent the new address around through the link. We were to set base away from the pack house to avoid being found. The Black Moon Festival was tomorrow so the pack was on high alert. We stopped on a street where five houses were rented out for us to stay the two weeks.

Alpha Neal and I along with three more wolves walked into the house we were assigned to. It was a nice house with five bedrooms a nice living space and spacious kitchen. It had a beautiful forest behind it which could be seen from the top floor where my room was.