Chapter 22: Alpha...

A/N The Healer's Mate is #860 in the Werewolf What's Hot list!! YEAH! (09/02/15)

Chapter 22: Alpha...

"Sleep well because this time tomorrow you'll be dead."

Alpha Neal stood up tall and nodded to the woman still standing beside Romero. She injected a blue liquid into his arm and I saw his muscles relax and his chest move with shallow breaths. Alpha Neal walked out of the cell to Jayden and I.

"I am going to be calling a pack meeting tomorrow at noon. I want you both to be there. It will also be a good time to introduce the first mated couple of the Alpha household then as well. Many of my wolves have been wondering why a neighbouring Alpha and his next in line are here and it high time I told them the truth."

I nodded and he placed his hand on my cheek giving me a tight smile but one that held warmth in his eyes. I placed my hand on top of his and leaned slightly into his palm.

This will be over soon. His voice ringed in my mind. I am so proud of you my dear.

With that he left the basement to make arrangements for the pack meeting. The remainder of the day Iris and I helped Kate prepare food for the entire pack tomorrow. We stayed in the kitchen and Jayden, the twins, and Damon helped clear the backyard and lawn for the meeting.

The day went by before I even knew it and I found myself wrapped in Jayden's arms on my bed. His minty forest scent calmed my soul and I could sense his wolf was also at peace to have his mate in his arms. I rested my head on his chest and closed my eyes allowing sleep to carry me off.

**********

The backyard was cleared of the fallen leaves and the back deck was lined with tables where the food for later tonight would be served. For now one a few chairs were opened and placed around the far side of the house. Only the elders and some of the warrior wolves were present. Jayden and Damon hung around in the back and I could see Alpha Cairstay and Alpha Neal talking to each other at the front. I saw Kegan sitting with the rest of the warrior wolves and Ryan caught my eyes. He smirked at me and I saw his eyes move to the mark on my neck, he bowed his head in a mocking gesture and brought his gaze back to Kegan. Kegan must have told him I had found my mate but seeing as it was true must have amused him.I felt Jayden's gaze on me and I looked up to meet his eyes.

"A few days back my daughter, Layla, was kidnapped by a rogue wolf. The wolf was following her from Black Moon territory and when Alpha Cairstay tipped us of his location we were set to go raid his cottage. However as you know, before we could set out to rescue my daughter, she escaped and drew him back to our land where he has been kept captive. We interrogated him the past few days and have found that his motives for targeting my daughter were to take her healing ability." Alpha Neal paused allowing the news to sink in and I saw some of the elders scowl at this.

Alpha Neal nodded to Alpha Cairstay and everyone turned their attention to him

"Romero is an evil wolf. He is not like any ordinary rogue. He is known for poaching and hunting Shifters for their abilities. This man has broken laws made by the Goddess herself and has practice the dark arts. He has tried to take the life of one of your own pack mates and my only advice is to rid this world of a being like him." Alpha Cairstay stopped and we saw a man wheel out Romero on a wheelchair.

Alpha Neal continued.

" I have come to the verdict that he be killed for kidnapping a wolf from the Alpha family, trespassing on claimed lands, and for murdering two innocent wolves. Using his own weapon I, Alpha Neal of the White Thorn Pack sentence Romero to death." With the last words said Alpha Neal took the hunter's blade out of its case and slit Romero's throat causing him to bleed to death.